2005 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
My 2003 CR-V trip to Colorado
By MJ Stewart on 11/17/04 10:18 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Cr-V in March of 2003. I drove it to Colorado in August. It performed just great. I love it. I had a 97 before that and loved it also. I got excellent trade in price for the 97. I would reccomend the Cr-V to everyone.

2004 Honda CRV-EX
By J. Kobrzycki on 11/16/04 00:21 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We had a 2000 CRV-EX and the 2004-EX has many nicer features. Better power and pick-up. Much quieter. Side air bags and door beams. Passive anti-theft system. Better dash board/clock day time vision. Better mirror and door lock controls. More cargo space. Adjustable rear seats. Larger tires. Better rear door. (un-locks with other door locks) Tinted rear side and back windows. Much better stereo and 6-cd changer. The cost is about the same as the 2000 (with the anti-thieft system added) (which saves 15% on our car insurance). Better location of parking break. Larger and better located front seat tray. Larger Dash board storage. and even better cup holders !

good buy for the money
By bluhorse on 11/15/04 23:20 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It's a Honda. What more needs to be said? It's dependable, econonmic and fuel efficient. It's everything I wish the American builders would copy.

CR-V Beats Accord
By ptb10 on 11/15/04 20:33 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a great car. My prior vehicle was an 02 Accord V6. The Accord had power but not much else.This is a really fun car. The SE in pewter pearl is beautiful. Interior is very comfortable. Controls are accessibe and easy to use.Radio & 6CD changer is a real plus. Plenty of room in rear seat for tall adults and plenty of storage. Exterior molding in body color makes the car. For a 4 cylinder car has excellent pick-up and is getting good gas mileage. I was looking to purchase an SUV; the Pilot was too big and so far I am completely satisfied w/ the CR-V.

My 05 CR-V EX Fits All My Needs and Why
By cznite on 11/15/04 19:27 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I could not be happier with my 05 Honda CR-V EX (5 speed auto/AWD). The 4 cyl is very peppy. Because of plenty of low speed torque it beats most of the V-6's I drove. This 4 cyl is very responsive and fun to drive. Others are too truck like for me. I love the look both inside and out. The interior is very plush above the rest. It beats all the compact sized SUV's in cargo and personal roominess. Consider it Mid-sized. For my use,I just want dependable transportation in bad weather and a snappy fun car-like ride, but with the looks and height of a SUV. It is all this in an affordable package that gets high gas mileage and will retain a high resale value It's a HONDA!

great Vehicle
By Mr. Marsch on 11/15/04 19:12 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had two of the vehicles. The car is so fun to drive. We don't do too much long distance, but on a long trip it was fine. Got best tires available and that seemed to be a plus. It is just great and fun and economical and holds 4 people with plenty of room and lots of baggage or purchases. No complaints on our 2004.

My 2nd CRV they keep Getting Better
By Ralph Evans on 11/14/04 17:28 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I leased a 2000 CRV and traded it for a 2005, they have made suggested improvements & will probably continue. I like the reliability and low maintenance the best. Seems like the car just keeps going & going with no problems if u keep up the regular mainternance items. It's THE BEST IN THE SMALL-MID SIZE SUVs.

Fun to Drive
By Cindy Rider on 11/11/04 15:35 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had decided to buy a Toyota Rav 4. Several people I knew had one. However, when I drove it, and then compared prices with the Honda CRV, it didn't compare. For less money and a quieter ride, I could get a 6 cd changer and all wheel drive on the Honda. The Rav 4 was not nearly as good a value and the interior was not as comfortable as the CRV.

2005 CRV LX Review
By montydfw on 11/10/04 15:32 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The 2005 CRV LX vehicle is great. Engine very smooth and power is adequate. No problems with vehicle. Body is solid and very roomy inside. Seats are comfortable but could be improved (lumbar support), particularly the back. Tinting is a necessary in Texas and must be added. Turning radius is tight. My wife loves being able to store her purse between the front seats under the tray. By the way, this is my second CRV. I have a 2004 CRV LX for my wife. I liked it so much I bought one for myself. I was attracted to the Ford Explorer 2004 because of the great incentives being offered but rejected it because of gas mileage (17 mgh in city) and larger size. I'm happy with my decision.

Very Satisfied
By DrStick on 11/08/04 21:19 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased the 2005 CRV SE after looking at most of the competition. Had a high mileage trade-in that delayed the sales process but we finally came to an acceptable agreement Went to the Seattle Auto Show and looked at all of the smaller SUV's like the CRV and nothing comes close to the quality at the price I paid. Did the soundproofing for $250 and really can't tell the difference but I'm satisfied with the noise level. Not sure about the tire noise that I hear - this is my first SUV so I guess I expect some level of road noise.