Used 2005 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 344 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Not happy with new CRV
By CG

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

As an expectant mother I wanted a mini SUV and wanted the "reliability" of the Japanese cars. I went with the top of the line SE edition. Within 3 months of buying the car, a strange clicking sound began from the steerting wheel area. It became unbearable and so I took it to the dealer. They needed an entire day to take the entire steering wheel apart. I had meetings in the afternoon and since Honda has no loaner program even for situations like this where a new car is performing so poorly, I was unable to leave it. I planned on taking it back, but the noise has become inconsistent and they won't be able to work on it if they can't duplicate it. I am very unhappy with the CRV and Honda.

The noise bothers me so much it outweighs all possible good features.

A loaner program for situations where a new car is truly not performing as a new car should.

I love my CRV!
By April

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had the 2003 EX and loved it. Now I have the 2005 SE and love it even more! I love the fact that Honda listened to its customers and made improvements. One great improvement is the safety features - VSA, more airbags, and lowering the rear head rests for a better view out the back window when driving. I'm enjoying the extra benefits of the SE, such as the leather interior, heated seats and side mirrors. I'm really impressed with the difference between the 2003 and the 2005 CRV's in general. Great improvements. I'm enjoying my CRV and hope to have it for many years. Thank you Honda for a great little SUV with great fuel economy. You did good.

Fuel economy, engine power, Moonroof, leather interior, 6 changer CD player, sound system, VSA, steering mounted controls, picnic table, no key enterence, center folding table, storage space, spacious interior. Pretty much every feature is my favorite!

I can't think of many improvements. The SE is pretty well packed. I'd like to see extensions on the sun visors to help block the sun better on the side front windows.

I Love This Car
By rebeljim

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This SUV is so much fun to drive that I hunt all over the neighborhood for someone that needs a ride or to go somewhere, just like I did when I first obtained a driver's license

I like it all

More insulation in the rear to cut down on road noise

Great Commuter vehicle
By Jeff in Illinois

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I commute 120 miles a day in the Chicago area, and have driven everything (cars, small pick-ups, SUV's). I chose to buy an SUV to save gas, but got so much more. These 4 cyclinders have enough pick-up to rival my old Dodge 8 cylinder 4.7 litre, and without the guilt of burning 16 mpgs. In addition, I was rear-ended by someone doing over 45 mph in my new CRV(sad day). The body shop was amazed at how the rear end crumpled exactly how it was advertised. Because of this, there was no actual frame damage, and the cabin remained intact. I stayed intact as well, and am glad I was in such a safe car. When I am not commuting, I now feel much better knowing that my children will be safe in back!

ACceleration, gas mileage, comfort, standard accessories, ride, usages (I don't miss my pick-up), and safety!

The only thing I don't like about the CRV are the taillights. I suppose their high placement is a CRV trademark, but I just don't care for them. I was and will continue to be willing to forgive Honda for that considering the overall value this vehicle provides me, though.

CRV Quality
By tom77

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My CRV is the first non-domestic vehicle that I've purchased. I've been disappointed in the quality of the big three automakers for over 35 years and my Honda CRV doesn't seem to be much better. I don't know if the fact that my CRV was built in England has anything to do with the defects that I've encountered but it shouldn't matter anyway. This CRV was missing numerous body fasteners from the factory and the rear window glass is defective. The engine is losing coolant internally and the dealer doesn't know where it's going. There is one door that seems to have a problem with the latch.

Very nice handling and performance.

Honda should have better quality controls in place to prevent defective products.