2005 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
my CRV performs
By navycmdr on 12/19/04 15:24 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

great utility car .. quiet .. comfortable ... economical 23-25 mpg ...extremely well built room for 5+ .. space for weekend trips to the mountians or Home Depot :-)

What more do you want?
By mpk616 on 12/14/04 18:48 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Previous vehicle was an '01 V8 Silverado. Traded in for better gas milage, real Time 4x4, and resell value. Bought an '05 white with beige interior. Had dealer install fog lights, roof rack, running boards and wood grain panel. This is a nice overall vehicle that has multiple uses hence the name Compact Recreational Vehicle. Don't let the small size fool you; you can fit a lot of things in there thanks to the sliding rear seat that also tumbles. Used it to transport a Grandfather clock. Hooks in the back also make carring the groceries home easier. The picnic table is nice, probably wont use it much though. The subfloor storage helps keep items out of sight. Worth a test drive!

I love my second Honda
By annapalooza on 12/09/04 15:32 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My CR-V SE is my second Honda vehicle. I have known that I wanted an CR-V for over two years. But even I was surprised at how absolutely delightful the 2005 is. One should not feel this way about an inanimate object. Oh, there are one or two little things I would change ... slightly wider arm rests; gradient intermittent windshield wipers; standard transmission not available... But the good stuff outweighs these little things, and there is a lot of good stuff! A great driving experience. I expect to have it a long time.

Sensible compact SUV choice
By aerojack on 12/08/04 15:39 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

As best as I can remember, one editor from the Car & Driver once wrote about the '03 (or '04?) Honda Accord: "...the richness in quality and in contents embrace its owners so much that they don't care if the prestigious cars are parking next to them..." This phrase also applies to CR-V SE. Parking next to my brother's '03 Lexus RX300 and I don't care if people want to make a comparison. That is because I own '05 CR-V SE.

Comfy Special Edition
By KAREN LOCK on 12/08/04 12:20 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second CRV and I love it. The special edition has leather heated seats that are comfy yet durable. This upgraded edition offers a different driving experience due to the luxurious interior. there seems to be ample room for anything and all features are well thought out. The overall appearance, inside and out, aesthetically makes this edition extremely appealing.

Excellent Car but still needs Improment
By Ch Tong on 12/05/04 11:14 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I found no problem with this vehicle except some minor things that bother me a little: -The battery drain so quick, after only half hour listen to the radio, I could not start the engine. -You can not let the two back windows down while driving, very noisy. -Ceiling vibration causes annoying noise. -Fuel economy is right at 23MPG. This may be is the NORM.

My first SUV
By aerojack on 12/01/04 14:44 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've waited this CR-V SE for 2 years and it worths the wait. Great vehicle!!

finally!
By Xath on 11/28/04 17:10 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I wanted a small SUV to be able to handle taking my dogs to the vet, get up some local snowy hills, provide some "extras" and have good gas mileage. I got it all with the CRV SE. I love the size, the reliability of this make, and price. It fits in the garage and still can handle a load from the local home improvement store. Four adults fit comfortably but five could squeeze if needed. It also reaches a nice middle ground between car and SUV for handling curves and bumps.

A great little truck
By John Maz on 11/27/04 14:47 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have had this truck since October 2004 and so far it has been great. I love it.

Couldn't be more pleased!
By LarryJoe on 11/23/04 14:02 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is typical Honda at a great price! The ride and steering are tight- -just what one would expect with a Honda. It drives as good as my Accord. The cabin room is very accommodating considering this is tagged as a "mini- SUV". The 5-speed transmission shifts very smoothly and although this is just a 4-cyl 160hp engine, it has more than enough pep. The ability to adjust the rear seats fore and aft is a nice touch. The main factor in considering this vehicle was addition of the SE trim level(has leather seats)--I wouldn't have considered the CR-V, otherwise, and would have purchased a V- 6 EX Accord.