Used 2005 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

my new crv special edition review
By jennifer waugh

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought my CR-V Special Edition in June of 2005, it's my 3rd Honda & so far so good, I love it. It's so much fun to drive, I like being up above the other cars on the road. We have alot of rain over here on the Big Island of Hawaii & the CR-V handles very well in rain & on curves. It's a very quiet vehicle, some times I can hardly tell it's running. There is plenty of room in the back seat for tall passengers. Ant there is so much storage space, Now my dog & I go everywhere in it. I'm glad I bought it instead of another car. Well gotta hit the road....

I love the comfort of the seats and the ease of driving. I like being higher up than the cars going by. I feel safer with all the extra air bags, The stereo has great sound too. Love it..

The front arm rest are too short, could be a little longer & a bit wider. glove compartment in from could be a bit larger, it's so flat & small inside.

Great except driver's seat
By Mombear

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Love this car except for comfort of driver's seat. It needs thigh support behind the knees and more adjustments. Am not sure if I would like to take a long drive in this due to leg discomfort. Great in snow, excellent safety features. Too many useless compartments, though. Visability is super. I would definately recommend this car to anyone who wants a small SUV.

Rear window's ability to open, visability, handling, reliability, safety features, all wheel drive, fold down try between front seats

Driver's seat similar to Accord's, with better leg support and lumbar choices, add a compass and put spare tire in wheel well instead of on back door

Why would anyone need more?
By farsider

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've driven a number of cars in the past, but this CR-V SE is one of the top. Good mileage, great ride, very comfortable and easy to get around in. Don't believe the info about "too much engine noise" - its surprisingly quiet and has some features you used to find only on BMW or Mercedes. I will never go back to $50k autos.

Ride, handling, quiet

Punch up the power

Tall drivers beware !
By rollodo

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After about a week of driving the car my right leg began to ache where the thigh and hip come together and it eventually became excruciating. I am tall, about 6' 3" and noticed that my thighs were not resting on the seat cushion like they do in every other car I have owned or driven. Instead, they are sticking slightly off of the seat so my leg weight is on the pedals and hip joint. The problem is the seat cushion is nearly flat and not distinctly sloped backward as in other cars - a very poor ergonomic design by Honda. I have to drive the car with a folded towel under my leg to support it.

Gas mileage, 23 to 24 mpg in mixed driving. Excellent visibility. Extremely smooth transmission and engine. Good performance. Best A/C I have ever had in a car. Very solid and tight.

Have bucket type seats as in other cars or a way to tilt the seat cushion as in the Honda Pilot.

City driving equals a lot of gas
By Daniel Cushion

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

So far I have not gotten close to the city mileage they claim in their ads. I average between 14 and 16 miles to a gallon around town. I thought with a 4 cylinder that the gas would get at least close to the 20 or more miles to a gallon that they claim in their advertising. However on a highway trip I was pleased to get 25 miles to a gallon. Overall I am happy with this vehicle, but wish that the city gas consumption was much better.

I am very impressed by the amount of power it has for a 4 cylinder engine. It has way more pep than the 6 cylinder Caravan that I traded in on it. It has plenty of power getting in on the highway, a very pleasant surprise.

I would like to have doors that automatically lock after you reach 10 miles an hour. I had them on a Dodge Caravan and they were great. Also I would like to be able to open the drivers door without having to unlock all the doors to get out of the vehicle.