Used 2005 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 345 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

CRV Quality
By Wes

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Honda, it has been good over all, but have concerns about the overall quality of Honda. 5000 miles, the driver front airbag sensor went. Dealer told me they have seen a lot on the 05 Odyssey with this problem. One of the trunk interial panels just never got install properly from the factory, has one corner popped out. I had a brand new Civic EX before, 2nd month I had the car, the bumper paint was peeling off. Otherwise I'm happy with the CRV, good size trunk and fuel economy, long list of standard featurescomparing to Toyota RAV4

side and curtain airbags, stability control, 16" wheels, tons of storage space.

Quality control at assembly line

Love My CRV
By TNcheryl

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a 2005 SE version of the CRV and I love it. It is comfortable, fun to drive, and it gets great gas milege for an SUV. I had a 1999 CRV and I loved it, so when it came time to buy a new car I knew I had to have an upgraded version. I have not been disappointed. The added horsepower is wonderful and I love the leather interior on the SE version. The back seat is roomy even with a child seat and the back cargo area provide lots of storage. I recommend the CRV if you are looking for a practical, sporty, and fun to drive SUV.

Leather interior, 60-40 split rear folding seat, updated gear shift, radio controls on the steering wheel, AWD, and the safety features.

Nothing really but I would love it if it had power seats, and automatic front lights.

CRV- A Wise Choice
By bill

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I looked at many SUV's that were about the same size and many that were larger than the CRV and this was by far the best. The SE model has many extras including leather interior, six disc CD, heated seats and mirrors, moonroof and plenty of passenger/cargo space as well as an excellent ride. The CRV is not meant to haul trailers but is an excellent family vehicle, that has the reliability of being a Honda, and the safeness of real time four wheel drive and a few other safety features. This SUV is not the most stylish, but overall the best that I have driven with excellent gas mileage!

Great Vehicle at a Reasonable Price
By freelanceinsa

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my graphite pearl CRV three months ago after months of investigation and test drives of all small SUVs in this category. Ninety days after purchase, I believe I made the right choice. As a former owner of a Chevy Silverado pickup, I had an adjustment period in the shorter wheelbase vehicle--ride a bit choppy and tire noise more intrusive, especially on coarse pavement. But I liked the much improved fuel mileage-- about 22 in town (I drive very conservatively.) and 26--27 on the highway at a steady 65 mph. Handling is tight, steering a bit heavy, fit and finish exceptional, seating firm but comfortable, controls smoothe and intuitive. Of course, it'a a Honda, so it will last!

Excellent build quality; fit and finish, crisp handling. Good gas mileage, attractively roomy interior and exterior, smoothe-shifting five speed automatic, easy to handle in traffic, low maintenance requirements. Roomy, versatile interior.

Needs about 10-15 more horsepower. The trans. has to downshift even at the slightest grade increase. Reduce road/tire noise. Also, the small and dim lighting of some dash info could be improved--outside temp., radio nos., etc. Automatic doorlocks and daytime running lights should be standard.

Same as always, but with leather heated
By Bill Burckhardt

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

LOVE my CRV third one in five years. So Happy with the leather seats. But, when we they ever change the damn windshild wipers to be like the ones in Accord. Driver needs to be able to adjust the amount of time between wipes. Also why is the gas cover release soooo out of the way. why not on the doo?? LOVE the CRV but still don'r see the MPG I thought I'd see.

Love the whole crv, except fot itmes noted. this is my third in five years traded a 2004 for the 2005 when I saw the SE

Need to install the same wiper speed control as in the ACCORD, alos why is the damn gas cover release so low and out of the way?? Can't it be mounted on the door or next to the seat as in the accord?