2005 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
DKKCRV
By Don on 01/02/05 07:32 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Best rated vehicle I could buy to tow behind motor home with four wheels on the ground. It has proven to be versatile and reliable.

Confused Buyer
By Franko on 01/01/05 23:03 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Veh. is ok, but it has shortcomings,i.e Road feel, a little noisy at hwy. speeds, radio tone stuck on bass setting, Always hit my knee on wheel tilt lever, no fog lights, no front mud flaps, all extra, rear seats don't fold flat, inadequate storage in front. No storage tray under pass. seat due to air bag sensing wires hanging down, no room. 2004 EX had tray. No lighted vanity mirrors, driver & pass windows has little to no tint. Passenger knees nearly hit glove box with seat all the way back, inaquate room. No roadside assistance program. Emergency brake on dash is awkward. I traded 2001 Hyundai Santa-Fe on the EX and had 60K miles with zero problems. Santa-Fe is superior all around.

Not what I expected from Honda!
By CrimDoc on 01/01/05 11:04 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am a long term Honda owner who selected the CRV over the alternatives mainly because I have been VERY happy with my 95 DelSol. Thus far, my experience with the CRV and has been mostly negative: First, my car has a pronounced pull to the right: both under acceleration and when rolling. The dealership tried twice to fix it and then DECLARED THAT THIS IS NORMAL AND HAS REFUSED TO DO ANY MORE WORK!!! Moreover, American Honda is BACKING THEM UP! Second, Honda quotes fuel economy numbers of 23/29. So far, I've been getting less than 20 (primarly highway). I know its cold, and perhaps the engine still needs to break in, But so far this vehicle is far from fuel efficient.

Good Car
By stockarb on 01/01/05 09:15 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had alot of cars in my day..BMW , Volvo, Chevy's and Fords..I was hesitant to get this auto as it is a Honda..I had one in the 80's and it was just Ok..anyway..my CRV is a great little SUV. I live in NYC and I can get into tight spots, enjoy hwy miles all in one. Highly recommend it

CR-V's are tops
By JB on 12/29/04 21:32 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We've had a '97, '01, & now a new 2005 CR-V EX AWD. We think the CR-V is one of the best cars anywhere for the money. The 2005 has more power, is safer (side air bags, stability assist in addition to 4WD), and is an all- around excellent vehicle for urban use & occasional trips. The cargo capacity is huge, mileage is great, no scheduled tune-ups for 100K miles, the engine is a marvel. When American companies start making vehicles of this quality, we'll buy an American car again.

Luv my SE CRV
By Al on 12/29/04 08:05 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love everything about it including the satellite radio. My wife finds it a little hard to sleep but the heated seats are awesome.

From RX-7 to CR-V and not disappointed
By Rober on 12/29/04 00:38 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I replaced my 94 RX-7 sports car with a CR-V SE because I was having trouble with my knee and getting in and out of it every day was not fun at all, even though driving the RX-7 was. So I went looking at all the different small SUVs (Escape, RAV4, Subie, Equinox...)I had test-driven other SUVs in the past and they all felt too boaty. When I found the CR-V and drove the SE model, I thought "This could be it .. I could tolerate it". Well, I not only tolerating it, but actually enjoying it. It is quick, nimble and uses much less gas than the RX-7. The other day on the freeway at about 80mph, a delivery truck decided it wanted the same lane I was changing to. The evasive manouver was no sweat.

CRV- 2004
By B. Shoup on 12/28/04 00:21 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

CRV has plenty of power for an SUV of it's size.It is very comfortable. It does have a below average ride, though. you cannot talk over the noise when on rough roads. Also, the CRV is a little bit noisy in the front-end when manuevering in a close area such as in a parking lot. Also, noisey windows when lowering or raising.

Switched from a RAV to a CRV
By Toto on 12/26/04 13:36 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am happily surprised with all the standard equipment that comes with the SE. It does not compare to the RAV 4 in this regard. I also find the CRV to have much better pick up than the Toyota. I am glad I made the switch

So Far So Good
By mb6986 on 12/20/04 23:56 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought my CR-V over the weekend and have driven it about 150 miles so far. Everything works well except the sunglasses holder. It takes a little push in the back after the standard push in the front that should have done the job. The car drives nice and feels solid, much tighter than the 04 Odyssey I got earlier in the year. The car feels a bit under-powered above 70 mile per hour, however it could be me missing the instant acceleration I got used to from the 2000 Accord V6 I traded in or the fact that I was unease with driving too fast while breaking in the new car. Headlights are nice and bright, now I am bothering car drivers like I used to be bothered.