2005 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: 3.5 years and still happy

2005 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

2005 Honda CR-V

LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic)

3.5 years and still happy
By Boxman on

2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

3 1/2 years and no buyer's remorse! My CR-V has proven both an efficient and comfortable daily commuter as well as a versatile camping vehicle with decent offroad capability - which has been put to the test many times. I haven't charged across raging rivers or rumbled up rocky slopes like in the commercials, but I've sure as hell put the AWD to the test on muddy trails, sandy ground and rough terrain (never been stuck yet!). I've obsessively tracked the mileage since I got my CR-V, getting a lifetime average of 24MPG in 50/50 mixed city/hwy driving. I've gotten up to 31 MPG on long road trips. Not bad for an AWD SUV.

Clever interior design elements like the ability to fold all seats flat and create a queen-sized sleeping area. Cubby holes and storage bins all over the place. I particularly like the large compartment under the cargo bay, which is large enough to hold my jump starter and other gear.

The cabin should have been silenced better; at highway speeds road noise is more pronounced in the CR-V compared to many other vehicles. Rear differential fluid shouldn't have to be replaced every 30,000 miles - most other vehicles only require this at 90-100,000 miles.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review