2005 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
5 1/2 years without a problem
By Arnie on 05/06/10 10:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have owned my 2005 CR-V-SE since new and the only thing I ever have done to it is meticulous maintenance and a tensioner went bad while it was under warranty. Best car I've ever owned. Have owned Camry's; Maxima's and previously American cars and would only buy Honda in the future. Best dealer I found for service is Coggin Honda in Orlando, FL.

2 foot of snow and all is well
By moch on 02/21/10 18:06 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

AWD 5spd made it over 2ft of snow with no issues (and a good set of tires). Towing up to 2000lbs has not been an issue. Car is used hard but serviced well 82000 miles and no problems.

Another Disappointed Honda Customer
By Gina Mac on 01/30/10 19:58 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

4 years and 66,000 km needed a VSA replacement-very costly had to autosalvage it. Now material is peeling off doors on inside of cabin. I wish I had not sold my '98 Civic which was virtually problem free for this vehicle which I can not wait to unload.

heaters
By rob on 01/10/10 09:28 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my crv but I wish they had a better heating system in them for the winter months.. I find the higher I set my heater the more it seems to suck the gas gauge down ( fast) maybe I am setting it wrong or something. Also I wish they would put a bigger gas tank on them .. Other than that I love my crv

Off-Road Review
By autophotographer1 on 01/06/10 08:12 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I photograph vehicles for a living and I drive all sorts of different types of vehicles. I have to say, this was the most fun I have ever had driving an SUV off road for my pictures. I took a Chevy Avalanche in the same area I took this Honda CR-V. I had a hard time getting the Chevy Avalanche to climb this solid 45° slope for pictures, however this little CR-V took the slope like it was NOTHING! I'm a fan of large trucks and SUV's but guess what. Those larger trucks and SUV's are not going to make it through tight trails behind woods like this little fox can. It's more comfortable than it looks and has a lot more room than portrayed.

100k and No problems!
By crazyhazydazy on 11/01/09 04:58 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my CRV for over 4 years now, over 100k miles, no problems except for changing the oil, the tires, the brakes and the rear differential fluid, and I drive aggressively. The CRV is fun to drive, looks attractive even though not new, and I don't feel as if I'm being "overconsumptive" even though I'm driving a SUV.

A/C Compressor "Black Death"
By Beth on 10/29/09 11:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been a victim of the A/C compressor defect, along with countless others. I have a 2005 CR-V, which had the first compressor go bad at 56,000 miles. I bought it new from Coral Springs Auto Mall in 08/05. In 05/08, the A/C system failed to blow cold air. I took it in and the dealer told me that the compressor "exploded" and shot filament through the whole system, hoses and all had to be replaced for 3200.00. I am a single mother, and could not afford that. I called my own personal mechanic, who told me that my compressor "locked up", brought it out, and showed me what happened and how it worked. He fixed it for 1300.00.

62,000+ miles and no problems!
By bvf925 on 10/06/09 17:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my CR-V in 2005 after trading in a '98 Subaru Forester that was starting to give me some headaches. Immediately, I realized I was in a much better, high-end vehicle. I have not had any problems at all with it. Just replaced the battery earlier this year, and I'm looking for my 3rd set of tires (current set of Tiger Paw's are lousy in snow). I will need rear rotors & pads soon, but that's it so far! The gas mileage is fantastic, there's plenty of room for 3 adults in the backseat, tons of cargo room, the exterior looks great - no paint chipping or fade like my old Subaru. Looked at a new '10 Forester just for fun & the interior looks cheap. My CR-V is a Lexus in comparison.

Disappointed Honda Owner
By Mom of three on 09/25/09 13:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a brand new 2005 Honda CRV EX Auto AWD after I had a Ford Expedition that constantly broke down. Wanted a reliable car, Unfortunately it hasn't been so great with 53,000 it is broken once again. Lived in all climates from humid in Georgia, snow in Maine and dry heat in California. My 93 Oldsmobile runs better, gets better gas mileage, and is more reliable. I had to replace tires, O2 switch, rotors, and now AC has called it quits. I do the oil changes and maint. on time yet it is sluggish, won't do hills and vinyl on the doors has ripped because back seat not wide enough for three car seats. Disgusted and disappointed in Honda. Dealer doesn't even carry the stock tires! That stinks.

Happy to own one
By originalbryan on 08/17/09 14:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We (wife & I, no kids) purchased this due to our frequent outdoors trips. Shortly after purchasing, we drove in a blizzard and on icy roads for 2.5 weeks. The AWD worked great during the storms and icy conditions. After the blizzards, we loaded a small (4x8) trailer on the back with our belongings and drove 1,300 miles along the western coast, then through the deserts into CO. We drove though the Rockies and in snow often, eventually driving another 1,200 miles with another 4x8 trailer to the south eastern US. We've spend a LOT of hours in this vehicle and used it to drag a trailer across the entire US. OR to CO to AL. Love the vehicle, no complaints at all.