2005 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
2005 honda crv-82000--
By rgv602 on 06/30/11 16:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Never had a mechanical breakdown on this car built by Honda. Only parts I changed was 2 headlight bulbs and front brake pads after 6 years of owning it. This is by far the best purchased I ever made.

I was a honda lover
By hondadalover on 06/28/11 16:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my V (#Four off the line) for little over a year now...Got it with 65k. Was not even broke in. Put about 90 miles on it before the VTEC switch went out. Thats $300. Put another 2k on it before it went out again...It seems that all the little things that can go wrong has..Well here we are about 6 months in with this car, two sets of brakes, two VTEC switches three sets of spark pugs. a set of coil packs ($90 a pop!), a fuel pump, a new lower control arm. ex ex In the past year i have sunk a little over 2 grand into the accord that wanted to be a "SUV". lets just say i have been thinking about setting it fire

I love my CR-V so far!
By britbug on 06/17/11 15:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my CR-V just 5 months ago, so I will not address longevity. It had 22,000 miles, now it has 28,000. I have experienced no mechanical problems. I now drive on average 70 miles a day, and the driver's seat is fine for a long drive. I have a 75lb dog who can sit, stand, walk, lay down, look out the window, and stretch in the back with the seats folded up. All of that space and I still get 25-27 mpg with only a third of my driving being on the highway. I've had no complaints from passengers in a full car on comfort. The value of this vehicle is unbelievable, I wish I had bought it as my first car rather than my second, I love it!

heaters
By rob on 01/10/10 09:28 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my crv but I wish they had a better heating system in them for the winter months.. I find the higher I set my heater the more it seems to suck the gas gauge down ( fast) maybe I am setting it wrong or something. Also I wish they would put a bigger gas tank on them .. Other than that I love my crv

A/C Compressor "Black Death"
By Beth on 10/29/09 11:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been a victim of the A/C compressor defect, along with countless others. I have a 2005 CR-V, which had the first compressor go bad at 56,000 miles. I bought it new from Coral Springs Auto Mall in 08/05. In 05/08, the A/C system failed to blow cold air. I took it in and the dealer told me that the compressor "exploded" and shot filament through the whole system, hoses and all had to be replaced for 3200.00. I am a single mother, and could not afford that. I called my own personal mechanic, who told me that my compressor "locked up", brought it out, and showed me what happened and how it worked. He fixed it for 1300.00.

Worst Car I have ever owned
By 2005Hd on 06/03/09 19:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased new in Oct of 2005 and can't wait to get rid of it. VERY uncomfortable to drive any amount of time over 1.5 hours. Road noise is VERY pronounced. Interior materials are substandard - very easy to mark plastics & can never remove these marks through cleaning or rubbing. The radio is starting to malfunction. Sun visors will not stay up against the windshield. Thus, I have to point the visor toward my face in order to block the sun & drive at the same time. The auto transmission does not shift smoothly - first gear is geared too low. Hey Honda, how about making the oil capacity either 4 or 5 quarts, NOT 4.4! No more Honda vehicles for me.

Best Fuel Efficiency in an SUV
By Allen G. on 01/24/08 09:26 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I are touring musicians and although we would have preferred to buy a hybrid to get better fuel efficiency, we needed an SUV that would fit all of our gear. However, this car totally amazed us! We average about 35,000 miles per year and have been getting up to 33mpg on the highway even though the EPA only lists it at around 26mpg. This car is extremely comfortable, safe, and reliable. My mother just recently bought a new CR-V based on my recommendation and experience with ours.

Overall a good car
By RHenry on 08/20/07 12:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I got this suv after totalling a 2004 Honda Civic. I wanted a safe car and this one has really good safety ratings. The A/C is much better than the 04 Civic. The hand brake is in a weird spot, not inconvenient, just an adjustment. I thought that I would get better gas mileage than I am getting. The paint color is the same as the 04 Civic (that dark silvery color) it hides dirt well. I get a lot of glare in the front windshield which is annoying. The seat fabric kind of stinks-I have a dog and ended up with dog hair that would get stuck in the fabric and I had to remove each hair indivually, also I somehow have a couple of stains that won't come out of the black upholstery.

Great All Around SUV
By KING on 08/11/07 16:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The engine is adequate and very reliable. The styling beats the new CRVs hands down. The seats could be more comfortable and the driver seat needs more movement backwards for long legs. I love getting around parking lots and the narrow body allows plenty of room for the doors opening in parking spaces. This SUV has plenty of cargo space and lots of storage nooks inside. I wanted a red CRV with black interior but this is not offered.

CR-V 2- year review
By MAN22 on 05/10/07 18:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought this for the wife, but she soon wanted back into a mini-van. I became the driver. Since new, wind noise on the right side of the windshield has been problematic and the dealer can't fix it. Road noise is another problem that is a historical issue with this model. Economy is good, great miles between oil changes, and really kinda fun to drive. Front wheel torque can cause you problems if you get on it while turning and it is zippy for a 4 cyclinder. Seats are a little firm for the wife, but I like them that way.