Used 2005 Honda CR-V LX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

2005 honda crv-82000--
By rgv602

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Never had a mechanical breakdown on this car built by Honda. Only parts I changed was 2 headlight bulbs and front brake pads after 6 years of owning it. This is by far the best purchased I ever made.

I was a honda lover
By hondadalover

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my V (#Four off the line) for little over a year now...Got it with 65k. Was not even broke in. Put about 90 miles on it before the VTEC switch went out. Thats $300. Put another 2k on it before it went out again...It seems that all the little things that can go wrong has..Well here we are about 6 months in with this car, two sets of brakes, two VTEC switches three sets of spark pugs. a set of coil packs ($90 a pop!), a fuel pump, a new lower control arm. ex ex In the past year i have sunk a little over 2 grand into the accord that wanted to be a "SUV". lets just say i have been thinking about setting it fire

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

buy a real suv

I love my CR-V so far!
By britbug

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my CR-V just 5 months ago, so I will not address longevity. It had 22,000 miles, now it has 28,000. I have experienced no mechanical problems. I now drive on average 70 miles a day, and the driver's seat is fine for a long drive. I have a 75lb dog who can sit, stand, walk, lay down, look out the window, and stretch in the back with the seats folded up. All of that space and I still get 25-27 mpg with only a third of my driving being on the highway. I've had no complaints from passengers in a full car on comfort. The value of this vehicle is unbelievable, I wish I had bought it as my first car rather than my second, I love it!

Favorite Features

The large cup holders can hold a double gulp, and I love having three in the front - one for each passenger and one for an ashtray. The compartment by the radio is very useful for holding my cell phone car charger, iPod, and other valuables with keeping them out of sight of passer-bys when I'm parked. Also keeps them from sliding around while they are being used and is easily accessible to the driver. The cargo space is great, but did scratch easily. The details of the convenient interior are not readily apparent until you drive it daily! The sensitive and responsive brakes have helped me avoid many accidents and the safety ratings are definitely a comfort to me.

Suggested Improvements

Floor seems high on the passenger's side in the front when I've sat in it. I'm only 5'11'', so that's not great for taller passengers. Hated the look of the long, skinny tail lights when I got it, but they've grown on me. The car may look "boxy" and slightly unattractive, but the lack of blind spots unlike many SUVs and crossovers are well worth it. Honestly, I can't complain about much with this car! All I've done is get a new battery, oil change, and tinted windows.

heaters
By rob

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my crv but I wish they had a better heating system in them for the winter months.. I find the higher I set my heater the more it seems to suck the gas gauge down ( fast) maybe I am setting it wrong or something. Also I wish they would put a bigger gas tank on them .. Other than that I love my crv

Suggested Improvements

heating system and gas mileage

A/C Compressor "Black Death"
By Beth

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been a victim of the A/C compressor defect, along with countless others. I have a 2005 CR-V, which had the first compressor go bad at 56,000 miles. I bought it new from Coral Springs Auto Mall in 08/05. In 05/08, the A/C system failed to blow cold air. I took it in and the dealer told me that the compressor "exploded" and shot filament through the whole system, hoses and all had to be replaced for 3200.00. I am a single mother, and could not afford that. I called my own personal mechanic, who told me that my compressor "locked up", brought it out, and showed me what happened and how it worked. He fixed it for 1300.00.