Used 2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Love My 2005 CR-V
By sfl_girl

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car over 6 years ago and has 100K+ miles on it. Buying it was the best decision I ever made. It's been rock solid with very few issues. No major breakdowns of any sort. I've made several trips up and down the east coast with it and hope to make several more. It's comfortable, quiet, has ample space for everything I need. The gas mileage isn't the greatest but nowhere near bad. I love this car and shutter to think of the day it will give up the ghost. I don't think that will happen any time soon.

Comfort, space, easy to drive

Fuel efficiency

Love this car!
By littlemrslarge

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned my 2005 CR-V for about 4 1/2 years now and love it! It has about 120,000 miles on it now; had 29,000 when I purchased it. No problems at all - all I've done is change the oil on schedule (every 5000 miles), replace the tires and brakes once each, and regular maintenance items. We've taken it on many 400+ mile trips and it provides a very comfortable and safe ride every time. Cargo room is great and comes in handy often! The interior plastic trim does gouge easily if you're not careful when loading large items, and the "H" on the steering wheel will discolor if wiped with a Clorox-type wipe (oops). Otherwise, it's a fantastic vehicle that we'll have for years to come!

Moonroof, 6-disc CD player, cruise control, comfortable seating, center console table (very handy!), smooth ride, reliable and depreciates very well

Better quality material for interior trim

5 yr old CR-V with no issues
By flgramma

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my CR-V since new in 2005. Just went over 87,000 miles. Bought one set of tires and change the oil every 8000 miles. Still runs great. I don't know the problems that others are having, but you can always get one bad vehicle out of thousands made. Don't judge this car by a few bad ones.

AWD, steering wheel controls, table in the back (used it many times), center console (I bought rubber inserts on ebay that fit the cup holder, and tray perfectly).

lighted vanity mirrors, MP3 player plug in, road noise, variable speed intermittent wiper (only one speed on this model), power seat adjustment.

5 1/2 years without a problem
By Arnie

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have owned my 2005 CR-V-SE since new and the only thing I ever have done to it is meticulous maintenance and a tensioner went bad while it was under warranty. Best car I've ever owned. Have owned Camry's; Maxima's and previously American cars and would only buy Honda in the future. Best dealer I found for service is Coggin Honda in Orlando, FL.

Ease of driving; turning; great sound from the radio (XM).

The newer Honda' have already enclosed the opening above the glove box and had the a/c "piped" to the rear as well.

Off-Road Review
By autophotographer1

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I photograph vehicles for a living and I drive all sorts of different types of vehicles. I have to say, this was the most fun I have ever had driving an SUV off road for my pictures. I took a Chevy Avalanche in the same area I took this Honda CR-V. I had a hard time getting the Chevy Avalanche to climb this solid 45 slope for pictures, however this little CR-V took the slope like it was NOTHING! I'm a fan of large trucks and SUV's but guess what. Those larger trucks and SUV's are not going to make it through tight trails behind woods like this little fox can. It's more comfortable than it looks and has a lot more room than portrayed.

I love the little picnic table that comes standard with this vehicle. It could be so useful in many ways regardless if you go camping or not. You can go to the park with your kids and make it a nice little lunch table.

As mentioned before. I am not a big fan of the way this vehicle looks. The design could use a lot of improvements. It also could use a ride- height adjustment feature. The one thing I did notice was all the grass and twigs touching the underbody. No damage taken, but definitely gave me a cringe.