Used 2005 Honda CR-V LX SUV Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

2005 Honda CR-V owners rating
By Lincoln

Not that great
By Lydia

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I can't say this car breaks down a lot but it was cheaply made. I was borrowing my mom's car for a while and I can say right off that my 1998 Chevy Blazer does way better than it. To start with it's not that great in the snow. The four wheel drive does fine, but as far as the ABS goes, it's terrible. ABS is supposed to keep a car from sliding in the snow, but this one, pfft, it slides anyway and instead this VSA thing they installed comes alive when it's not supposed to which is supposed to help the car when it's turning. The other thing about it is safety issues. The breaks aren't great either, they don't stop as fast as other cars do.
I mean if you live somewhere where there isn't a lot of snow, I'm sure it's not a bad car. It get's you from A to B doesn't have any horrible engine or tranny issues. But I wouldn't recommend it for snow country.

2005 honda crv-82000--
By rgv602

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Never had a mechanical breakdown on this car built by Honda. Only parts I changed was 2 headlight bulbs and front brake pads after 6 years of owning it. This is by far the best purchased I ever made.

I was a honda lover
By hondadalover

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my V (#Four off the line) for little over a year now...Got it with 65k. Was not even broke in. Put about 90 miles on it before the VTEC switch went out. Thats $300. Put another 2k on it before it went out again...It seems that all the little things that can go wrong has..Well here we are about 6 months in with this car, two sets of brakes, two VTEC switches three sets of spark pugs. a set of coil packs ($90 a pop!), a fuel pump, a new lower control arm. ex ex
In the past year i have sunk a little over 2 grand into the accord that wanted to be a "SUV". lets just say i have been thinking about setting it fire

none

buy a real suv

I love my CR-V so far!
By britbug

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my CR-V just 5 months ago, so I will not address longevity. It had 22,000 miles, now it has 28,000. I have experienced no mechanical problems. I now drive on average 70 miles a day, and the driver's seat is fine for a long drive. I have a 75lb dog who can sit, stand, walk, lay down, look out the window, and stretch in the back with the seats folded up. All of that space and I still get 25-27 mpg with only a third of my driving being on the highway. I've had no complaints from passengers in a full car on comfort. The value of this vehicle is unbelievable, I wish I had bought it as my first car rather than my second, I love it!

The large cup holders can hold a double gulp, and I love having three in the front - one for each passenger and one for an ashtray. The compartment by the radio is very useful for holding my cell phone car charger, iPod, and other valuables with keeping them out of sight of passer-bys when I'm parked. Also keeps them from sliding around while they are being used and is easily accessible to the driver. The cargo space is great, but did scratch easily. The details of the convenient interior are not readily apparent until you drive it daily! The sensitive and responsive brakes have helped me avoid many accidents and the safety ratings are definitely a comfort to me.

Floor seems high on the passenger's side in the front when I've sat in it. I'm only 5'11'', so that's not great for taller passengers. Hated the look of the long, skinny tail lights when I got it, but they've grown on me. The car may look "boxy" and slightly unattractive, but the lack of blind spots unlike many SUVs and crossovers are well worth it. Honestly, I can't complain about much with this car! All I've done is get a new battery, oil change, and tinted windows.