2005 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Fred 2005 CR-V
By pahunter on 10/14/13 19:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great design. Mediocre power. Bought with 119,000 miles on it. A/C started acting up within a week of buying it but a complete emptying of the system fixed the problem. A/C is now ice cold at 135,000 miles. At about 132,000 I developed a problem with the right axle which will have to be replaced shortly as the shaking is getting worse.

AC is a money pit
By timjsmith on 07/20/12 06:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

2004,2005,2006 AC units are so bad Honda had to settle a lawsuit regarding this piece of junk. Do not buy a used Honda CRV unless the AC unit has been replaced, it will cost you $1400.00 bucks to replace it. Eventually you will have to if you drive it over 50,000 miles that is about how long it will last.

Love My 2005 CR-V
By sfl_girl on 10/20/11 08:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car over 6 years ago and has 100K+ miles on it. Buying it was the best decision I ever made. It's been rock solid with very few issues. No major breakdowns of any sort. I've made several trips up and down the east coast with it and hope to make several more. It's comfortable, quiet, has ample space for everything I need. The gas mileage isn't the greatest but nowhere near bad. I love this car and shutter to think of the day it will give up the ghost. I don't think that will happen any time soon.

Very versatile vehicle
By mackereljoe on 07/15/11 15:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bougth this car 6.5 years ago and now have 170,000 trouble free miles. Daughter has been driving this car for awhile and with this much mileage, i still have confidence in it to go cross country and back. Not all is good in the beginning since the dealer charged me over $1000 for some kind of paint sealant, it's crap it takes along time to buff it to shine. My 9 years old Odyssey didn't have it and with over 210,000 miles still looks good. The recommended tire pressure inflation is way too low for the weight of the vehicle at 29 PSI. With 29 PSI the mileage is at 20 city and 23 Hwy and obvious underinflation tire wear. Finally got dialed in at 36 PSI all around to get the 23/26.

2005 honda crv-82000--
By rgv602 on 06/30/11 16:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Never had a mechanical breakdown on this car built by Honda. Only parts I changed was 2 headlight bulbs and front brake pads after 6 years of owning it. This is by far the best purchased I ever made.

I was a honda lover
By hondadalover on 06/28/11 16:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my V (#Four off the line) for little over a year now...Got it with 65k. Was not even broke in. Put about 90 miles on it before the VTEC switch went out. Thats $300. Put another 2k on it before it went out again...It seems that all the little things that can go wrong has..Well here we are about 6 months in with this car, two sets of brakes, two VTEC switches three sets of spark pugs. a set of coil packs ($90 a pop!), a fuel pump, a new lower control arm. ex ex In the past year i have sunk a little over 2 grand into the accord that wanted to be a "SUV". lets just say i have been thinking about setting it fire

I love my CR-V so far!
By britbug on 06/17/11 15:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my CR-V just 5 months ago, so I will not address longevity. It had 22,000 miles, now it has 28,000. I have experienced no mechanical problems. I now drive on average 70 miles a day, and the driver's seat is fine for a long drive. I have a 75lb dog who can sit, stand, walk, lay down, look out the window, and stretch in the back with the seats folded up. All of that space and I still get 25-27 mpg with only a third of my driving being on the highway. I've had no complaints from passengers in a full car on comfort. The value of this vehicle is unbelievable, I wish I had bought it as my first car rather than my second, I love it!

Love this car!
By littlemrslarge on 05/20/11 19:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned my 2005 CR-V for about 4 1/2 years now and love it! It has about 120,000 miles on it now; had 29,000 when I purchased it. No problems at all - all I've done is change the oil on schedule (every 5000 miles), replace the tires and brakes once each, and regular maintenance items. We've taken it on many 400+ mile trips and it provides a very comfortable and safe ride every time. Cargo room is great and comes in handy often! The interior plastic trim does gouge easily if you're not careful when loading large items, and the "H" on the steering wheel will discolor if wiped with a Clorox-type wipe (oops). Otherwise, it's a fantastic vehicle that we'll have for years to come!

5 yr old CR-V with no issues
By flgramma on 06/07/10 10:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my CR-V since new in 2005. Just went over 87,000 miles. Bought one set of tires and change the oil every 8000 miles. Still runs great. I don't know the problems that others are having, but you can always get one bad vehicle out of thousands made. Don't judge this car by a few bad ones.

Great vehicle
By Dave on 06/01/10 18:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Excellent all around vehicle. Great around town, great on highway travel. Good gas mileage for all wheel drive.