2005 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Love My 2005 CR-V
By sfl_girl on 10/20/11 08:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car over 6 years ago and has 100K+ miles on it. Buying it was the best decision I ever made. It's been rock solid with very few issues. No major breakdowns of any sort. I've made several trips up and down the east coast with it and hope to make several more. It's comfortable, quiet, has ample space for everything I need. The gas mileage isn't the greatest but nowhere near bad. I love this car and shutter to think of the day it will give up the ghost. I don't think that will happen any time soon.

Love this car!
By littlemrslarge on 05/20/11 19:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned my 2005 CR-V for about 4 1/2 years now and love it! It has about 120,000 miles on it now; had 29,000 when I purchased it. No problems at all - all I've done is change the oil on schedule (every 5000 miles), replace the tires and brakes once each, and regular maintenance items. We've taken it on many 400+ mile trips and it provides a very comfortable and safe ride every time. Cargo room is great and comes in handy often! The interior plastic trim does gouge easily if you're not careful when loading large items, and the "H" on the steering wheel will discolor if wiped with a Clorox-type wipe (oops). Otherwise, it's a fantastic vehicle that we'll have for years to come!

5 yr old CR-V with no issues
By flgramma on 06/07/10 10:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my CR-V since new in 2005. Just went over 87,000 miles. Bought one set of tires and change the oil every 8000 miles. Still runs great. I don't know the problems that others are having, but you can always get one bad vehicle out of thousands made. Don't judge this car by a few bad ones.

5 1/2 years without a problem
By Arnie on 05/06/10 10:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have owned my 2005 CR-V-SE since new and the only thing I ever have done to it is meticulous maintenance and a tensioner went bad while it was under warranty. Best car I've ever owned. Have owned Camry's; Maxima's and previously American cars and would only buy Honda in the future. Best dealer I found for service is Coggin Honda in Orlando, FL.

Off-Road Review
By autophotographer1 on 01/06/10 08:12 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I photograph vehicles for a living and I drive all sorts of different types of vehicles. I have to say, this was the most fun I have ever had driving an SUV off road for my pictures. I took a Chevy Avalanche in the same area I took this Honda CR-V. I had a hard time getting the Chevy Avalanche to climb this solid 45° slope for pictures, however this little CR-V took the slope like it was NOTHING! I'm a fan of large trucks and SUV's but guess what. Those larger trucks and SUV's are not going to make it through tight trails behind woods like this little fox can. It's more comfortable than it looks and has a lot more room than portrayed.

100k and No problems!
By crazyhazydazy on 11/01/09 04:58 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my CRV for over 4 years now, over 100k miles, no problems except for changing the oil, the tires, the brakes and the rear differential fluid, and I drive aggressively. The CRV is fun to drive, looks attractive even though not new, and I don't feel as if I'm being "overconsumptive" even though I'm driving a SUV.

Very happy with Honda
By Jason on 08/20/08 13:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I own a 2005 Honda CR-V SE and brought it on Nov of 2004 and it's been a great car since the first day I brought it. It's been to seven different states and it's has given me no problems on the road trip. It has 61,500 miles on it now. I also am very happy with the gas mileage, the best gas mileage I ever gotten on the highway was 37 and close to 40 mpg a few times with the AC off going about 60 mph. With the AC on I get about 32 to 34 mpg on the highway. The worst gas mileage I ever gotten was 21 mpg in town but that only happens a few times. It's very easy for me to change my own oil and trans services and i used the best oil like amsoil for improved gas mileages.

Best vehicle ever own
By Dan on 08/14/08 12:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my CR-V SE back in Nov of 2004 and still own the car today with 61,500 miles. So far I have been very please with my CR-V because there have been no problems. I change my oil every 5000 to 7500 miles with Amsoil motor oil. I services the transmission myself every 15,000 miles. It's easy because it has a drain plug just like changing the oil. I highly recommended any type of Honda vehicle to anyone because my has been so reliable, my mother and brother both own a Honda. All three of our cars get great gas mileage better than what the window stickers says. I am thinking of getting a new Honda CR-V Turbo Diesel when its comes in late 2009 as a 2010 year model because of the better MPG.

Excellent car!
By Stretch on 07/26/08 07:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This has been a great car for me and my husband and two golden retrievers. Love that we got an interior with leather, the dog hair would have been awful on cloth. It's pretty comfy to drive in, although my husband (5'11") complains about the way it feels for him to drive it, his knees bump into the console.

Always said I would never own a Honda
By Blk182@N7 on 05/02/08 15:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I were looking for something to take the dogs to the park in, mainly because I don't want them in my 06 Avalon or my 93 mustang. so we looked at many SUVs but we wanted something small with room and reliability. I got mine with 52,000 miles on it and you would think it was brand new. I have read 100's of reviews and the CR-V has great ones, Seems the 05 has issues with the Transmission, i have not experienced any I bought the 36,000 mile warranty so I am good till 98,000.