2005 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
2 foot of snow and all is well
By moch on 02/21/10 18:06 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

AWD 5spd made it over 2ft of snow with no issues (and a good set of tires). Towing up to 2000lbs has not been an issue. Car is used hard but serviced well 82000 miles and no problems.

62,000+ miles and no problems!
By bvf925 on 10/06/09 17:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my CR-V in 2005 after trading in a '98 Subaru Forester that was starting to give me some headaches. Immediately, I realized I was in a much better, high-end vehicle. I have not had any problems at all with it. Just replaced the battery earlier this year, and I'm looking for my 3rd set of tires (current set of Tiger Paw's are lousy in snow). I will need rear rotors & pads soon, but that's it so far! The gas mileage is fantastic, there's plenty of room for 3 adults in the backseat, tons of cargo room, the exterior looks great - no paint chipping or fade like my old Subaru. Looked at a new '10 Forester just for fun & the interior looks cheap. My CR-V is a Lexus in comparison.

Disappointed Honda Owner
By Mom of three on 09/25/09 13:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a brand new 2005 Honda CRV EX Auto AWD after I had a Ford Expedition that constantly broke down. Wanted a reliable car, Unfortunately it hasn't been so great with 53,000 it is broken once again. Lived in all climates from humid in Georgia, snow in Maine and dry heat in California. My 93 Oldsmobile runs better, gets better gas mileage, and is more reliable. I had to replace tires, O2 switch, rotors, and now AC has called it quits. I do the oil changes and maint. on time yet it is sluggish, won't do hills and vinyl on the doors has ripped because back seat not wide enough for three car seats. Disgusted and disappointed in Honda. Dealer doesn't even carry the stock tires! That stinks.

Happy to own one
By originalbryan on 08/17/09 14:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We (wife & I, no kids) purchased this due to our frequent outdoors trips. Shortly after purchasing, we drove in a blizzard and on icy roads for 2.5 weeks. The AWD worked great during the storms and icy conditions. After the blizzards, we loaded a small (4x8) trailer on the back with our belongings and drove 1,300 miles along the western coast, then through the deserts into CO. We drove though the Rockies and in snow often, eventually driving another 1,200 miles with another 4x8 trailer to the south eastern US. We've spend a LOT of hours in this vehicle and used it to drag a trailer across the entire US. OR to CO to AL. Love the vehicle, no complaints at all.

Love IT...but it eats motor oil
By MayK on 04/15/09 21:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a used 2005 Honda CRV and it drives great. However, the only problem I have is that it slowly eats motor oil...Is this TRUE??? To avoid any complications I just have to change the motor oil on time. Love the size, body, and height!

Good all around vehicle
By Bob H on 12/29/08 11:01 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Have 60k miles and still going strong. Great mileage w/4WD - about 25mpg. This is my 3rd Honda and I am a believer in the quality/workmanship. Only had to use 4WD at work site and it worked great. It is the envy of my truck friends at $4/gal gas. I would highly recommend this car.

Love my CRV
By Adrianne on 12/18/08 09:47 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I honestly can't say enough good things about my CRV. It drives nicely, handles well, has nice features and is relatively good on gas mileage for an SUV. Good interior space - comfortably fits my Great Dane, Bulldog, cat carrier, and all my luggage without feeling squished and cramped. Reliability is phenomenal! I have over 125,000 miles on my car in just 3 years and haven't had to do more than the scheduled oil changes and a brake repair earlier this year.

CR-V forever
By Love my Honda on 06/12/08 17:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 4th CR-V. Love the reliability. Traded in my new 2007 cr- v for the boxier model. The 2007 was to much like a car as apposed to a small SUV. Only real downfall is the gas mileage. The 2007 got 400 miles to the 15 gal tank. 2005 gets about 1/3 less, makes a difference when gas is over $4/gal. Great for "home depot" trips.

An excellent experience...
By 59er on 05/01/08 16:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'd a very good experience with my CR-V. From the time of purchase up until this very day, it is funny to drive. I have a manual trany and that has increased the fun 5 times as much.

Dissappointed
By jecchile1 on 11/08/07 08:51 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My first AND LAST Honda product... I have never had a car that requires so much maintenance (I'm 63 years old and have had many)... Rear Differential needs oil change every 15K to 20K. It starts and runs, it is fairly confy but but expensive to keep... Now have another noise when at low speed - like a Diesel noise - mechanics have not been able to identify it - perhaps the alternator bearing they said... Anyway, thinking about trading it in, I'm tired of so much maintenance and problems.