2004 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: Shame on American Honda !

2004 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Shame on American Honda !
By formerhondafan on

2004 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

As a huge Honda fan and owner for the last 15 years, I was thrilled when I bought my 04 CR-V. Sadly, that excitement only lasted as long as the warranty. 2000 miles past the warranty it just stopped running. Took it took the dealer and they said it was a "sensor" and it cost me $280! But as frustrating as that was, it pales to what just happened to me. Just like all the other CR-V owners out there, my AC compressor blew up, and American Honda just snubbed their nose at me like they have every other owner. Shame on you Honda! Fortunately, my dealership helped me out with the whopping $3,000 bill, but Honda is doing nothing to help its loyal fans. As a result, I am selling all of mine!

Well, I used to would say the thing I love best about it is that it's a Honda. I don't say that anymore :-(

Stand behind your products. Honda knows the AC compressors are faulty in the early models. In fact, they fixed it for the newer models. They should have done the right thing and recalled the compressors on the others!