Great Car, pooly made AC & zero customer support
By teriyakiboy on
2004 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
I love my CR-V, this is true utility minded vehicle, which majority of today's SUV are lacking. Hence I baby my car. Unfortunately, I was unaware of the TSB on AC and class action that Honda settled in 2012 for $40M. It was a true wake up call when the compressor exploded, sending pieces of metals throughout the AC system, causing $4500+ damage. Honda America denied everything about the AC and compressor issues, calling internet info "competitor's lie", case action is "untrue", and they even went in extent to tell me that I was first person to report the problem. I'm royal to the local dealer, but I'm no longer royal to Honda brand.
Favorite Features
True Sport Utility. Full size spare mounted externally, side opening hatch, folding center console, minimal electronic function, moonroof...everything is just done right.
Suggested Improvements
Air conditioning / compressor needs recall, not just TSB! Even after the $40M class action settlement, Honda is in completely denial, which seems complete out of touch from reality. Honda America managed to lose a royal customer with a single phone call.