2004 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
CRV from Guatemala
By Julio Galicia on 03/30/06 19:14 PM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Pretty Good, the only issue is that the EPA numbers do not match with the real life. Mine is doing like 20 or 21. This estimate should include results at different altitudes.

The Chevy Vega of the New Millenium
By Michael on 03/27/06 12:00 PM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

At a little over 18,000 miles this piece of junk needed its transmission and fuel injectors replaced. Now a few days and a few hundred miles after getting it back from the dealer, it appears to need yet another transmission as well as rear brake work (it was fine when it went in). This vehicle was delivered with some type of adhesive spots all over it, presumably from the delivery plastic. We had a roof rack installed at the dealer. This rack does not appear to fit properly, so I fear it is lacking in structural integrity, so we do not use it. The vehicle rattles and shakes at every opportunity. So much for reading Consumer Reports and following their "Best Buy" recommendation.

Excellent
By 04 CR-V on 03/11/06 01:49 AM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Everything about this vehicle is great. I have not had one problem with it. I am in the Military and in Germany, I average 100 mph on the autobahn. It handles great. Gas mileage is outstanding. It is a little noisy but nothing that is annoying. The vehicle is roomy, quick and comfortable. Traded in a gas hog (Chevy Tahoe) in for it. My wife and I are glad we did. I recommend this vehicle to anyone

Nice Little SUV
By Hal on 01/16/06 15:03 PM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

First, the 2004 is a great improvement over the 2001 CRV we owned. More powerful, less buzzy engine, more comfortable seats, better brakes, seats fold easier and tumble all the way forward, better quality interior materials, easier to use tailgate. Glad Honda moved the window controls off the dash and back to the door panel armrest where they belong. Vehicle is based more on the Accord and less on the Civic in terms of styling, features, engine. Much nicer design, more elegant, less utilitarian. Great value for the $$$.

Very reliable truck
By luis on 01/08/06 14:44 PM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Quality control is excellent. I own 3 hondas, no complaints at all. They're built to last forever, as long as you keep up with their regular maintenance. 5 Speed tranny is the best,very smooth, very powerful, it's a honda.

Great Little SUV
By JohnK on 12/18/05 17:33 PM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Easy to drive and economical. No problems in two years of local driving. This is our third Honda and I would recommend it to anyone.

Love It!
By C on 12/14/05 02:30 AM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third CRV and I can't imagine driving anything else. I don't notice any problem with the tires like others have said. Excellent cargo capacity. Lots of little places to store things like maps, change, plenty of cup holders

Best all around SUV
By Hondaman on 11/15/05 15:04 PM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Own my CRV for 18 months now and it is all that I expected and more. Extremely user friendly interior with plenty of cargo space. Front seat should slide back an inch or two more for extra driver legroom. Rear seats are very comfortable and roomy. Road noise can be quite intrusive and the poor standard tires don't help. Very happy with the gas mileage average of 22 MPG. AWD activates smoothly on slippery road surfaces. Handling is good but a bit tippy in hard cornering. Would highly recommend this vehicle because of its excellent versatility, build quality, value and reliability.

Quality, Quality, Quality!
By ROB on 11/03/05 17:01 PM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Car quality is exceptional. The engine is okay, but could use a few more horses. Very comfortable.

our Honda
By AB_ALL_DA_WAY on 10/30/05 01:02 AM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A reliable vehicle, but does not win any awards for its appearance. I haul my drums around in it along with people, so it is a functional vehicle. No bells and whistles, just a functional car. Dont expect it to be like a luxury SUV, because it is quite simple and plain. I would recomend it to anyone who want a functional, reliable car/SUV.