2004 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
A great all around vehicle
By Road Warrior on 11/22/06 00:05 AM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am and outside sales rep and bought the CRV because of the combination of price, visibility & dependability. I worked in Los Angeles and sold to trucking companies so parking was a premium, I could park in the smallest of spots. With all the dead end streets and the front wheels 12 inches behind the bumper I rarely had to back up to complete my turns. The CRV is smooth as silk on the open highway. I have 90k on my two year old CRV and it runs the same as new. I did two things to improve mileage, power & economy. I put platinum 4 plugs in and I always use mid-grade gas. The extra 10 cent per gallon is more than made up for with the benefit of the extra 6 miles per gallon. Very peppy now!!!

love my honda
By taya on 11/18/06 14:25 PM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I owned an Oldsmobile Bravada prior to the Honda. I traded in the Olds for the Honda to gain better gas mileage...and what a difference it made, I was averaging 11 MPH in town and 19 on the highway in the Olds...with the Honda I average 22 in town and 25-29 on the highway depending on conditions.

Excellent SUV
By Honda CRV EX on 10/21/06 06:26 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Incredible all round CR-V in mud, snow, open road. Comfort and dependability 9 plus. Economy 8 plus. Great SUV

2004 Honda CRV EX
By Leo on 09/14/06 10:33 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent overall smaller SUV. MPG should be better for a 4 cyl. Lacking some power, vehicle should have been a 6 cyl

This vehicle is fun to drive!
By sotexphan on 08/11/06 12:59 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned Honda's for the past 6 years. I just trader my 3rd Accord for my Green CRV. Now, don't get me wrong, the Accord is the Grand-daddy for sure but I just love my CRV! It is fun to drive, I can fit a lot of stuff in there (especially my bike). We recently went on a trip and could fit everything in the back w/o any problems. It rides great and has a smooth transmission. I like the driving position and there is a lot of interior room especially in the back seat.

lot of car, little money
By isides on 07/06/06 19:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car almost two years now and I can say this is best car I've ever owned. I had a 97 blazer before this and I must say the rear leg room is far more than the blazer, not as much front leg room but it's a smaller vehcile. The shifter coming out of the dash takes getting used to but I love the placement now. All around a wonderful car.

Good & Bad
By shawn on 06/21/06 09:01 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle typically gets rave reviews. I have a few gripes. The interior plastics grow old quickly. Too many rattles and road noise in the cabin. Pluses are a smooth auto transmission, convenient tumble forward rear seats and excellent side panel rubber molding to prevent door dings. My CR-V had a failed drivers seatbelt, replaced free (after waiting a month) and an airbag recall. Very poor MPG- expect 18-19 on average in combination driving. If you're used to driving a sedan this vehicle takes some getting used to. As far as reliability, it has been all Honda-no problems.

CR-V EX
By Andrea on 06/02/06 09:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car I have ever owned. It is so fun to drive! I was hesitant about the 5-speed but that made it even more fun. It is also Honda reliable. No problems so far!

2004 CR-V
By jr on 05/06/06 10:58 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in a Tahoe for the CR-V mostly for the better mileage. I'm getting 21 in town and 27-28 on the highway. I plan to upgrade the standard cloth seats to leather because that's what I miss most about the Tahoe. I'm impressed with the sportiness of the CR-V, and I like the ability to customize it with OEM and non-Honda parts.

Love that CRV
By Beth G. on 04/21/06 12:23 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second CRV and fourth Honda. I bought the first CRV model offered in 1997 and turned it in on the 2004 model. Wonderful vehicle. It can haul almost anything a truck can and it's much more fuel efficient. The engine in the 2004 is an improvement....quite peppy. Love the sunroof and raised back seat. I never worry about mechanical problems. It's a Honda. I'll always have one in the family.