2004 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Cant beat the Heat
By Fla Rider on 04/22/08 20:09 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

AC Compressor needs to last more than 47,000 miles. Bought the car recently at 46,500. Less than 1000 miles ac went out. Where is the Honda reliability???

Bad AC
By Josh on 04/04/08 19:00 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased a 2004 Honda crv lx.. Had owned 3 Toyotas previously. And a Honda Prelude at one time. Was always reliable. I thought the same would be true for the Honda crv. I was mistaken. Bought it with 46,500 miles. AC went out at 47,400. Never had this problem with my Toyotas or my 1988 Honda prelude. Very disappointed. Starting to Wonder why I am considering imports anymore. Reliability is not the same but they are still at a premium in cost.

Mostly happy
By Kat on 04/03/08 07:14 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We've had this CRV for 4 years now; for the most part we're happy with it. But, paint application is so weak that a simple fingernail rub or anything brushing by scratches deeply, and bugs splatted on the hood during a long trip ate to the metal by the time we got home. Interior plastic is the same story. We've had to replace the tires, battery, and muffler (our 92 Honda Accord has never needed a muffler replacement). It was out of warranty, but Amer Honda gave us 50% off. So why is repl muffler a lifetime warranty? Ave city mileage: 18-20. Ave highway: 25-27, depending on A/C usage. This unit was manufactured in the United Kingdom.

Great vehicle!!
By taylor on 01/10/08 08:41 AM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a Honda CRV EX for 3 years. It was a great, dependable SUV. I never had any problems with it. The only thing that was going out was my driver side automatic window, which does not cost too much to repair. I recently traded it in for a minivan because of my growing family, but I will really miss my CRV!

Economy yes, not fun to drive, loud!
By pmcg on 11/10/07 23:16 PM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this CRV for reliability and economy. This car has performed these functions well. The gas mileage is slightly lower than the EPA estimates. The CRV is great in the parking lot, small and maneuverable. The problems are these: This is the loudest car I've ever been in. The road noise drowns out all conversation. The seats are very hard and make long drives even more uncomfortable. The car even looks kind of wimpy, too. The fuel indicator also shows empty when there is more than 25% of a tank left.(the tank isn' big to begin with) After 3 years I have had enough. I will trade off a little mileage for comfort and styling.

Air Conditioner Out in TX at 42,000 mi
By Plano on 08/30/07 20:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned an Accord and a Civic. Who would think to buy an extended warranty on a Honda? Not me. I certainly didn't think my air conditioner would go out at only 42,000 miles. My sister's friend also has a crv 2004 whose air went out and it cost her 3,000.

awful little tourture box
By Sean on 08/25/07 07:48 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this car new and for the first 10k miles it was fine. We chose the manual because of gas milage ect. but we never drove one upon ordering this one (mistake). The shifter is so vauge, acceleration is the worst, downshifting will not slow the vehicle, and finally it does this weird jerky thing while accelerating (the tachometer is not smooth and you can watch it stick at an rpm). The seats are the hardest most unsupportive seats for any type of longdistace driving. Steering wheel is falling apart. And lastly the a/c compressor just died last week, honda says it will be $1400 to fix. this is our second honda that the a/c died after three years. Verry disapointed

3 Year Review
By Pizzo on 05/31/07 08:15 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

50k miles in 3 years. Excellent SUV for the money and every for every positive comment posted on this site. Mileage is very dependent on how you drive, I average 21 for city driving. I've owned 5 Honda cars and the CRV is by far the most intelligently designed, easy to drive vehicle I've ever owned. When do you ever hear from people on how easy and fun a car is to drive? It's so true. At 50k miles, I'm having to replace 1st set of tires and brakes, nothing else so far.

Honda SUV
By Sambo on 12/09/06 10:16 AM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I can't compare it with cars I have not driven but it is a great car. It compares favorably withe Acuras I have owned.

Very Happy with my CR-V
By Laura in Hampton, VA on 12/01/06 08:03 AM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased a Honda CR-V EX a few weeks ago and have been extremely satisfied with it. It handles very smoothly and the exterior looks pretty darn sharp. We traded in our 2005 Toyota Corolla as we have a 6 month old daughter and needed extra room. The safety features (front and side airbags, ABS, etc) are very important to us which is why we went with the EX model. Overall we are very happy with our decision.