Used 2004 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 408 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Fun Car
By Jackson

2004 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this new and really love it. Love the moon roof, the CD/radio, and the seating configuration options. As a tall guy, I fit in this thing well, even with the moon roof. Towing a U- Haul type trailer on the highway I get a respectable 19mpg at 55mph. Original tires were noisy and rough, but lasted to 50K - replaced with Michelin's. Replaced rear brakes at 72K. MPG have been (very) disappointing - have always beat EPA estimates on other cars. I get almost 25 going to work 7-miles away, but highway mileage is almost 22 on the cruise control. Overall average is 23.7.

Sound system, rear well, visibility, fun to drive

Better highway gas mileage (add a 6th gear for cruise), lower road noise, arm rest on the passenger seat, more cup holders up front, more useful console

I thought this was a Honda.......
By BMWfantic

2004 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We thought we were buying a Typical bulletproof Honda in February of 2007 when the car had 18K miles on it and was BABIED for the first owner. The car is comfortable and the interior material is quite good for the price and the car was fairly reliable until about 70K miles. Then the car started jerking when we went about 45 MPH. And the engine check decides when to turn on and off. Turns out the car had a bad 4th gear and needs a new transmission for an outrageous 3500 dollars. What a money. Now we need to dump and get a new car- about 2 years ahead of schedule. This is our first and last Honda. Don't buy these model years- the transmission fail VERY quickly!

I like the cup holders, the handling, and the interior controls were pretty user friendly with a good quality interior for the price. The trunk is also VERY spacious

Fuel economy is disgusting for this power- we have yet get more than 18 MPG city and 25 highway. The reliability needs light years of improvement. And would it hurt profits if the car had side airbags standard??

It's True...Honda QC is SluMping Fast!
By luvdriving

2004 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I miss my 95 Accord. It was by far the best vehicle I have ever owned, selling it with 157,000 miles on it. Drove it Coast to Coast and it NEVER ONCE let me down. The 2004 CRV I have now has 57,000 mi on it. It's not horrible..but not great either: I'm 6'1" and can (NEVER) get comfortable due to the lack of leg room...which is primarily my fault for not taking it on a 100 Mi test drive:).. Right! Everything still works BUT the squeaks and bad rattles are Everywhere!..Including Multiple windows, passenger side belt, the front suspension...Mechanic still can't figure that one out! Interior scratches easily, and loud road noise. I'm selling it for an alternative Colorado friendly car.

Good gas mileage, Radio is Great, Lots of Cargo Room, Smooth on the HWY, Great Head-Lights, Bullet-proof engine and transmission, AWD is great in Colorado blizzards!

Fix squeaks and rattles, make seating applicable to more drivers!! Build Quality is poor in many ways...I hope it lasts!

No more Honda
By AVillarreal

2004 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought SUV brand new. AC went out@ 108000 - Dealer price $4500 out of warranty. Someone else fixed AC for $1500. Engine light stays on continuously, computer attached and fixed twice and engine light goes back on after about a week. Out of pocket $300. Terrible road and wind noise. CD changer went out - $900 dealer, refuse to pay. Never will I buy a Honda again.

Beware of AC compressor
By ncgator

2004 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have almost 110,000 miles and my AC compressor imploded. I was totally unaware that this was a known issue. Shame on Honda for not doing a recall for this. I called Honda and they denied any knowledge of problems. Pointed out that it was pretty well documented on the web, and asked him for the zone manager name and number. Within 15 minutes I had a call back and was told to bring it in for diagnosis and Honda paid for just over 50% of the repair. Still cost me $750 but at least they admitted there was a defect.

Ease of seats folding down. Reliability.

Should have recalled the AC compress. Should be available with a v6.