Used 2004 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

I love my CRV
By mim

2004 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV w/ Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd crv and I love it.It is so nice to drive. The 2004 model has a great interior with seats that seem to fit to your body they are very comfortable, and being a single woman i love the reliability.

Suggested Improvements

there is a blind spot in the car that I wish they would address but other than that I have no conplaints at all

Had to choose the CR-V
By kathgip

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just got my CR-V 3 weeks ago. This car was not my first choice, but after extensive research and reading all the reviews, I decided to take one out for a test drive and I was impressed. I love the safety reviews. And the Honda reputation is unsurpassed. The interior room is amazing, and yet it is easy to drive. The turning radius is far superior than my old Altima. And the gas mileage is the same as my Altima. The 4cyl is very peppy and cruises at 65mph with no difficulty. I love it!

Favorite Features

I love the foldable middle tray, and all the little cubbies. The 6 CD changer is great. Sitting up high really gives me an excellent view of what is going on around me.

Suggested Improvements

The drivers seat needs to go a little further back for my husband who is 6'3", but he says it is not uncomfortable for him to drive. The center headrest gets in the way of the rear view, but that is detachable, so it is really not a problem.

My Honda!
By Baybkakes101

2004 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

i lovvvveee my new car! As a teenager, it's the perfect size for me and a few of my friends!

Favorite Features

I love the exterior. Mine is black and it just looks really nice and fancy! The radio plays really well, too.

Suggested Improvements

I have trouble looking out of my rear view mirror because of the headrest of the middle seat (in the backrow). That is the only complaint.

Great vehicle for drivers of any age!
By hkjcrv

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm a recent college graduate. I had my eye on the CRV throughout the last 3 months of college, and decided to go for it after I landed my job. A month after purchase, I have 1000 miles racked up on it. I've taken a 300-mile weekend trip, and it's taken me all around town. I love my blue CRV! I love being high up off the ground to see over other cars, it has great pick-up, cargo space is amazing. I previously owned a 91 Civic so the gas mileage is a step down for me, but I'm still pleased with the numbers I'm getting (23 city/27 hwy), and I'm told it'll get better when engine is "broken in." I love the look of the interior plastic, but it's easy to scratch

Favorite Features

Moonroof, sunglasses holder, storage nooks and crannies, rear cargo space, 6-disc CD player, keyless entry, sitting up high, great gas mileage for an SUV. AWD will come in handy in winter! I notice a difference already on rainy days. I hydroplaned a lot in my civic, but not my CRV

Suggested Improvements

Scratch-resistant interior plastic, comfy armrests... completely safe oil changes would be nice, too! All in all, can't say I can offer too many improvements.

Most bang for the buck
By AC

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We are very happy with our new CRV. It handles well, has lots of interior room, is peppy for a 4 cyl. and has excellent ergonomics.

Favorite Features

Easy to drive, ingress/egress, quick and great climate control. Nice little engine, smooth, quiet an zippy.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise is loud on the highway and the tires are quite loud. If Honda adds some sound insulation, it would be perfect!