Used 2004 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Excellent Mini-SUV
By Mr. on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I actually have the 2-WD by choice - I don't need the 4-WD in Midwest. This may not be the vehicle for a tall person. But for those of you looking for a well made vehicle under 25K this is a very good vehicle. I love mine. I do occassionally wish for a little more comfort, but if I wanted to spend more, I could purchase a Pilot.

The little SUV that 'could'.
By J. R. Todd on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

As a lifelong Honda fan, I wasn't surprised to find their 'crossover' SUV performed as advertised. The 4 cyl engine is has more than sufficient energy to climb mountains and attain highway speeds without hesitation or difficulty. The AWD feature on my CR-V performs even better than I anticipated on snow covered roadways. I was also glad that Honda offered lower body 'cladding' that protects my car's finish on gravel roads. Were it not for the fact that my salesman badly mis- informed me about the efficacy of increasing the wheel size from 15" to 17" (it can't handle snow tires on the larger rim) I would have been absolutely delighted with my purchase.

awsome
By buba on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

If you need a car for the next ten years buy a honda. Gas milage is great and comes stock with cd\air and most of all it is great for tall people also I am 6'2" and fit fine.

Hondas are great!!
By S. McIlhagga on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2002 Honda CR-V in May 2002. It is a fun vehicle to drive and is a great winter vehicle. Last year I drove it from NY to SC and it was a smooth ride all the way.

Reliable, Solid, but not comfortable
By Alex K on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I really like how well this car performs and how solid it feels. Superb fuel economy, solid engine, trans... BUT, it's not really comfortable. The seats are hard and awkward. Honda needs to put more foam in those seats.

Honda CR-V
By Robert Wendel on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Cr-V is fun to drive...tight and very responsive to the road. Quality is evident throughout. The rear is easily accessible and plenty big for hauling items from general shopping errands to small household projects.

C R Very Cool
By PWR on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Love it! A small SUV that feels big with great gas milage.

Comfortable ride
By nurseellen on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great car. First non-American car I have owned. Using the shift takes some getting used to, I have turned on the windshield wipers often instead of putting it in reverse! Seats are comfortable, roomy interior, smooth ride.

Honda CR-V rate 8 out of 10
By art_card on 11/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my honda crv ex AWD 1 month ago, and it's not so great as other reviews, Pro's: great engine, fun to drive, Con's: bad windshield with distortions on the right side, bad off road capabilities, bad gear shift handle on the way of radio, bad seats very tight.

Honda CRV EX
By LinzLugar on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this Honda CRV and I am in love with it. It is so comfortable and fun to drive.