2004 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Beware of the A/C issues
By ashowee28 on 01/24/12 07:07 AM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my CRV used in 2009 when it had 88,000 miles on it. On a trip back from Minnesota to my home state of Ohio, the A/C compressor blew out when we were 3 hours away from home in 95 degree weather!! It cost $750 to fix, even with us having a friend who is a Honda Certified mechanic who did the work for us practically labor-free.Honda knows of the A/C problems and wouldn't help me. Also began to have oil leakage issues and O2 sensor failure (check engine light coming on because of that) around a 100,000 miles. I've owned a lot of Hondas, but this one gave me more trouble than all my others combined. Just traded it in for a '06 Odyssey.

The Bionic CR-V
By Tracey on 07/26/10 19:16 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After reading these reviews, I think I have the bionic cr-v. My car just turned over 100,000 while driving it today. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this car. It still looks new. I am JUST now replacing the front brakes after 100,000 miles and replaced the back brakes for the first time less than a year ago. My A/C works better than most cars that are brand new. There is excessive road noise and, true, the gas mileage could be better! My interior and exterior still look new. I don't have children or animals so that may be the reason. I love the inside design with the center tray. I too wish the back door didn't open to the side but that's the least of my desires for a vehicle. I love my car!

2004 cr-v
By tom-cuse on 03/18/10 17:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Ran great for the first 40,000 miles. Fun to drive, great in the winter (central NY).

It's True...Honda QC is SluMping Fast!
By luvdriving on 02/06/10 21:07 PM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I miss my 95 Accord. It was by far the best vehicle I have ever owned, selling it with 157,000 miles on it. Drove it Coast to Coast and it NEVER ONCE let me down. The 2004 CRV I have now has 57,000 mi on it. It's not horrible..but not great either: I'm 6'1" and can (NEVER) get comfortable due to the lack of leg room...which is primarily my fault for not taking it on a 100 Mi test drive:).. Right! Everything still works BUT the squeaks and bad rattles are Everywhere!..Including Multiple windows, passenger side belt, the front suspension...Mechanic still can't figure that one out! Interior scratches easily, and loud road noise. I'm selling it for an alternative Colorado friendly car.

2004 Honda CRV - another problem
By SMH on 10/19/09 09:47 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My AC went out around 45000 miles, brakes 46000, check engine light now coming on at 60000 miles - the fix is over $300. I've owned 4-5 Honda sedans and now this CRV. I've never had this many problems with a Honda. Part of the AC was covered by warranty. Nothing else. Beware!

LoveMyCRV
By LoveMyCRV on 01/02/05 14:03 PM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The CRV is fun to drive and easy to handle. This is my first vehicle with anti-lock brakes and I won't buy another vehichle without them. The CRV has great storage built-in and the picnic table has proved to be useful on several occasions.

Great SUV
By stevem on 12/28/04 05:50 AM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife needed to trade in her Accord for something with a little more room. We looked at the Pilot, but was too big, and was worried the CR-V was too small. Thankfully, not the case. Very powerful 4 cylinder engine, and pretty fun to drive. Handles much better than I expected. I drive a Civic, and would never hammer corners in the CR-V that way, but I don't think that should count against it. It handles curves well, and rides like a car. Very comfortable on a recent 6 hour trip. The split seats that roll forward are very versatile, making it easy to "stow & go". Nice to have the 6 disc changer, although the sound system is a step down from her Accord. We miss the big gas tank too.

CRV owner
By Renee on 12/27/04 22:40 PM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I went to the dealer's to purchase a Civic and left with a CRV. Once I drove it, I was sold on it. It actually drives like a car, but you sit up a bit higher. It was not difficult to get used to driving it.

"Love This Car"
By Carolyn Walton on 12/27/04 21:53 PM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car was a retirement gift to myself and I love it. It performs superbly on the road, its comfortable and looks good. Very easy to handle for a female.

A fun, zippy ride....
By Mother's taxi on 12/27/04 21:49 PM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased this car for around town driving for the family, and am very pleased with not only the way it handles and its ability to fit into tight spots, but also its fuel economy as well as its nimble acceleration.The visibility is especially good on all sides, owing to large windows and windshield. Sitting up higher than regular cars also provides a better sight line. The interior design makes for comfortable driving, but I would not plan a long drive (6 hours +) in this car. All in all, a good family car with room for extra gear in both the back and on the optional roof rack