2003 Honda CR-V 2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Very Reliable Car

2003 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Very Reliable Car
By GeoMan on

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I now have over 70,000 on this car that I bought new in May, 2003. I have had it in the dealership for just one minor issue. One of the front struts was not torqued down to specs and began rattling. The dealer fixed promptly and aside from oil changes, it's run perfectly ever since. The gas mileage could be a little better. I can consistently get 25 with highway driving and about 23 with city and highway. The car is very easy to drive. It is easy to park and easy to manuever. I'm 6'2" tall, so it could have a little more leg room. Especially since I rarely have anyone in the back seat.

Favorite Features

Great A/C, fun to drive, good CD changer, very nice moon roof. I love the swing-out back door. Mine is a dark red -- so I love the color. Great cup holders. Very easy on tire wear. My original set lasted for more than 50,000 miles. I hated taking them off because they still had some tread.

Suggested Improvements

Front windows need more tint. Passenger complain it's too bright. Sometimes I still mistake the shifter for the windshield wipers.