2003 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: Tons of Room!

2003 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Tons of Room!
By tinydancer on

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my CR-V with about 22,000 miles on it and it now has nearly 55,000. It is a reliable vehicle and drives like a car. I feel very safe in it and it has room to spare. The CR-V gets decent gas mileage for an SUV, but it could be better. I commute about 50 miles per day, round trip, and road noise it a bit of a problem on the highway. I've also been noticing an increasing number of rattles. Unlike many others, I have yet to have a problem with the air conditioning (knock on wood). Overall, I think the CR-V is a good compact SUV, but I'm thinking of trading mine in for a smaller car since gas prices are so high and don't appear to be dropping anytime soon.

Favorite Features

I love the moonroof, the 6-disc CD player, and the amazing amount of interior space. I don't haul stuff around very often, but it's great to know that I can!

Suggested Improvements

I wish the fuel economy was a bit better. Other than that, that only thing I would suggest improving would be the arrangement of the controls. Some controls, especially the one used to tune the radio, are a pretty far reach from the driver's seat. This is just a minor annoyance though.