Great Car for Long term Purchase
By zhenchok on
2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
I bought this car off lease when it had 18k it now has 150k with no issues. I keep saying to myself I'll buy a new car when my current car breaks, but it still works perfectly. Sure it't not as smooth as it was when I first got it, but at 150k this is the best vehicle purchase I've ever made. I recently bought 90k warranty tires because I know that it will last another 100k without any issues. I basically did my oil changes, regular maintenance, break replacement, and tire replacements. Two years ago my a/c went out and I had to replace a rear door lock sensor, but other than that I have not had any mechanical issues at all. If you want a reliable car for long term purchase, get a CRV!
Favorite Features
I love how roomy it is, the gas millage has been great, and the fact that it is reliable. It is a very practical car. Sure, its not the best looking car out on the road after 11 years. Yes, I can afford a car that is double the cost of a new CRV. But, when I originally bought my car 11 years ago, I wanted efficient gas mileage, reliable, easy to maintain, roomy enough to go camping. 11 years later I have not replaced it simply because I want to see how long it will last. If you are more into looks and vogue then don't get a CRV, but if you want a reliable car that is efficient, I think that this car is a great value. My car was assembled in the UK.
Suggested Improvements
It is 11 years old, i have no issues with it after this many years of driving it. I hope that Honda fixed their A/C compressor pump issue with this model. A lot of people were having A/C issues. Seats have never been too comfortable.