A Satisfied Owner
By MikeS on
2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
In 5 years and 140k miles, I have had no mechanical problems with this car. In that sense, I'm very pleased with it's reliability. The exterior design is nothing to go crazy over. I have the roof rack which is not very useful when you need to tie something down to it, but was necessary for installing a roof carrier when camping. As for the interior, I do like the fact that the moonroof does not eat up a bunch of headroom, and the split rear seats allow for a lot of storage in the back. I also like the foldup table. I don't understand how people can get 25 - 27 mpg in their CR-V. I have yet to get over 22, which is my biggest complaint along with the lack of power of the engine.
Favorite Features
With a tall torso, moonroofs have not worked well for me. They take up too much headroom in the vehicle. The CR- V does not have that problem. I do love the fact that it has a full-size spare and not the compact spare. I like how the front center console folds down easily to get out of the way.
Suggested Improvements
More power!! Our Camry's 4cyl is much more lively and we get 28-30 mpg. My dad had an 00 Chevy Impala with a 6cyl that got 28 mpg. A bigger engine might also improve the 1500 lbs of towing capacity too. This is not a rugged SUV, but being able to tow a tent trailer would be nice.