2003 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews 8

2003 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
2003 CRV
By PETE S on 02/01/06 13:55 PM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Pros: A relatively inexpensive vehicle, AWD is excellent, handles great, no significant mechanical problems, seating is comfortable, small size makes it great in the city for parking. Cons: Noisy ride, fuel mileage not that great, small fuel tank means frequent fill-ups, plastic interior scratched and marred easily.

My 2003 CRV
By Yulisa on 01/13/06 11:22 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the easiest car to maintain I have 56000 miles on it and haven't needed anything done other than oil changes every 5000 miles,tires, wipers well only basic things. The brakes are not even due to get changed yet. It's great on the highway, in town and in the snow and I don't need a shovel to get me out of the snow most of the time, 6" of snow not a problem, in or out. It's great, only 1 rattle in 56000 miles.I plan on trading it in in about a year for the new CRV.

Great vehicle
By Don McConaghy on 01/03/06 17:30 PM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very reliable. 3 years and only a rattle. (Fixed under warranty) Good gas mileage with ample power. Easy to drive and park.

Great vehicle!!
By defan3 on 10/23/05 12:51 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my '03 CR-V back in June of '03 and already have 46,100 miles on it. I really love it and have had no major problems. It is very roomy, interior was carefully thought out. It has so much room, I used it to haul a corner shower kit that wouldn't fit in my S-10! Love the oversized climate controls, perfect when wearing winter gloves. We can drive it from Ohio to Wisconsin (about 430 miles) on one tank of gas! We go about 6 times a year and really enjoy the ride. Definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a reliable, fun-to-drive SUV.

Uneven Tire Wear
By honda_addict on 08/11/05 08:10 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was very pleased with my 2003 CRV until I noticed that the road noise was increasing dramatically. The tires have been rotated every 7,500 miles and the alignment was checked twice - one minor adjustment on the rear passenger side. At 25,000 miles, the outer two treads were below spec on all four tires, but the middle and inside treads were fine. I keep 32 psi all around. I'm disappointed - new tires after only 25,000 miles. I won't tolerate that and got rid of it... Too bad, I really liked my CRV. :-(

This is a great vehicle
By Love My CR-V on 08/08/05 10:12 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love the reliability, quality, and everything about this vehicle. Honda has done a good job, I never worry about this car. With 44000 trouble free miles I am looking forward to being able to pay this vehicle off and drive it for a year or two more. That is how well it drives now. I couldn't be happier! All I have done is put front brake pads, resurface the front rotors, and tires. It is also great in the snow!

Very reliable but not very comfortable
By George Schneider on 08/03/05 15:08 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is an extremely reliable small SUV. I understand that most small SUVs are not built for Cadillac comfort, but riding in this car is not very comfortable. For the size of the engine, it gets acceptable mileage and is reasonably responsive. It is a very easy car to drive. Would be highly recommended for young drivers, because of its ease of handling. A/C works great. So does the radio and CD player. Very good in the snow. I live in the snow belt of northern Ohio and we average well over 150" of snow each winter. I've tried everyway possible to move the driver's seat back, but it just can't be done. Anyone taller than 6' will not have enough leg room.

I love this car.
By Bunches on 07/09/05 18:02 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a good, reliable car-SUV. There is plenty of room for groceries or luggage. I find I get about 25 mpg in the city which is awesome.

great in snow
By Nova Scotia CRV on 06/22/05 15:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Our CRV was great in the snow. I put BF Goodrich Winter Slaloms on it and was able to plow through snow that was as high as the "H" in the grill.

its ok.....
By Miguel on 05/28/05 15:24 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

the crv is extremely dependable and worthy of the honda logo. it performs well in the snow and gets ok fuel economy. its just very sluggish. really needs a 6 clyiner option, and the suspension is extremely stiff compared to the highlander, rav4, and tribute. over all its a honda and will last. But comfort, cabin noise, and ride stiffness was over looked