Used 2003 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 472 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Shake, Rattle and Roll
By LGBoston

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my very first new car. The first two years were bliss because I overlooked little things that are now driving me crazy. And each month a new noise appears. The linkage is awful but my mechanic tightens it up regularly. Brakes failed me on a bridge in Virginia last August. Horrifying but let me tell you how grateful I am to have a standard transmission. All tires have been replaced. Monday the new starter goes in. The road noise which I cheerfully ignored because I was driving a HONDA is now torture. The original battery lasted 3 months. The passenger side door lock does not open automatically any more. Fuses have been replaced. Never again.

Good craftsmanship all around.

No So Good Honda
By Gail

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am very disappointed and surprised at the unreliability of the 2003 CRV. I thought Honda's lasted a long time with standard maintenance. I had to replace the tires not long after I got the car. The ones that come with the car are poor and unstable. My seatbealts are difficult to use and don't slide back and forth as they should. The security light stayed on because one of the seatbeats was not working at all. A part had to be ordered. Another one is a nightmare to use. I have had to replace one of the oxygen sensors for $550.00. Now my clutch and air conditioner are going out. That's another $2000 plus. Because of this, I will not purchase another Honda and will now trade this one in.

The seats folding down and the cargo space.

Re-engineer the whole car for better reliability. It doesn't live up to Honda standards.

Very disappointed
By Monie

2003 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a Honda thinking I wouldn't have any issues. I bought it used but certified. I got the carfax had one owner. I have had the air conditioner blow up twice. I also have had several other issues. Thank god I got the extended warranty that covered most of the problems. I do mean most. They always seem to come up with things it didn't cover. I am about to hit 100k miles and really thinking about trading it in because I can't cover any more problems.

For a small SUV all the room is nice.

No suggestion, I think I got a lemon.

Disappointed in Honda
By Peter

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Between my wife and I we have owned four Hondas, 3 Accords and now 1 2003 CRV EX. We purchased each Honda new and all three Accords were fantastic reliable vehicles. I thought that I was a Honda customer for life. Then we bought a new 2003 CRV. It's now 6 years old with only 49K miles on it. We've replaced 2 sensors ($450), all four brake pads and rotors ($500) and now both front struts + a front end alignment ($600). I can understand all of these wear items around the 100K area, but not at 49K miles. In reading through other reviews, looks like I can expect the AC to go soon too. We'll try Toyota soon. Honda, learn from the quality errors of the big three, or you may be sorry.

Roomy, table, comfortable ride and control and access.

More power - 6 cyl. and improved reliability as addressed by all of the problems we're having on a vehicle that sees very mild use.

A Thankful Purchase
By lonefish

2003 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I really have no complaints about this vehicle, and can come up with none. I did not purchase it for off road use, but being a handicapped/disabled male, 57 years of age, it sure fit the bill!

Driver seat comfort & fit, telescope & tilt steering wheel, EXTREMELY FAST warm up/heat in cold weather, fuel economy for a vehicle this size/shape, storage capacity, available space for grocery shopping ... YOU CAN'T BEAT IT !

Being handicapped, I have a wheelchair carrier mounted to a "class 3" trailer hitch, which Honda does not supply/offer. Given that, even though I had to seek an "outside provider", the rearward weight & balance has NEVER been a problem, on city streets, or on Interstates, at highway speeds.