2003 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
A great choice
By MissPiggy on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I think the Honda CR-V is a great little SUV, it drives comfortable, with a hip sporty look, not to mention plenty of room for family and cargo. I am enjoying it tremendously.

CRV Problems
By Kathleen Peditto on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

First we had problems w/ the O2 sensor which they couldn't fix at first!They had to increase the parameters in the computer so the light wouln't go off as fast(less gas mileage).Now having a problem w/ the front brake pad BANGING when reversing and applying the brakes the first time (they say inherent to the car.Dealer says to live with it. HA!!!.Now problems w/ alarm system.Lemon Not at all happy w/ it!!!

Damn Good Car
By Man-o-war on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have had it for about a month and I'm really impressed. Looks kinda small from the outside and blows you away with the space inside, especially with the rear seats folded (really cool feature). Peppy without being gas guzzly, and the looks are in line with the clean, classic Honda look. Is much quieter than my old Corolla, and I don't slow down as mych in the rain. Really happy with my purchase.

Honda does it again
By hollyhype on 11/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Honda and 2nd purchase at Henessey Honda in Woodstock, GA. Both times, the sales staff has been "5 star" in all areas. Honda reliability is what sold us but this "mini" SUV is all my husband and I need for work and our weekend trips. Always excellent service at Henessey.

Internet Sales Are the WAY!
By Jay W on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great car, but difficult to buy, until we found the internet department of the place we went... got in and out within 2 days... we did not haggle at all... and were given a great price.... Anyhow... great car for those looking for the best all-around mini-ute... handles great... engine smooth... ride is firm, but not jarring... Best value for the money in sport-utes though!

my judgement
By dondy on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV w/ Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is fun to drive, stylish ( similar to Mercede ML Class ). Roomy Interior provide more legroom. But the fuel consumption in acity is quite inefficient. But the overall performance is good, it is an eye catching mini SUV I think. You shouldn't lt new models out within 5 years.

Wow...This thing is fun
By hrguyil on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just purchased 2003 EX AT in black. Really amazed at the peppy 4 cyl. I traded a 2002 EX V6 Accord coupe and the CRV seems more zippy. Engine is quite on the highway and there's not much wind noise. The suspension inspires confidence in the corners. The tires are a bit noisy and the radio is a bit far away. Perhaps controls on the steering wheel for us commuters. Dealer wouldn't budge on price.

Second time customer doubly pleased!
By Sameer on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had a 98 Honda CR-V and when it was totalled, I immediately got the then brand new 2003 CR-V. This was in the first week of January when finding one at any price at any dealership was a tough job. I still happily paid the premium (you get what you pay for- about $600 less than MSRP) and since then have been 100% satisfied. High marks for the thoughtful and family friendly interior. You'd be surprised how much space there is when you fold the rear seats! We loved the picnic table a lot (made our car popular among friends!) and it returns in an even bigger form!

Even better months later
By Juan33138 on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was very surprised at the test drive, the car has zip. After 6000 miles I notice that the engines purrs like a quick cat, and has even more guts. For small SUV under $25,000 (in 2002) no one else came close. Can carry 4 six foot guys easy. My average gas mileage is around 18. Only complaints are I wish I had another 2" of leg room and that the seats had larger seat bolsters to support the legs... then again I am 6' 3".

Love it!
By MusicloverLCH on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have wanted a CRV since 1998 and I'm thrilled to finally own one. This is the greatest car I've ever owned. It's fun to drive and great in heavy traffic. The CD player and cruise control make long trips way more enjoyable. I highly recommend it!