2003 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Honda, What else do you need to know?
By JohnBoy on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is our 2nd CR-V, so we went with all the bells and whistles. Added side cladding on the silver and moonvisor, plus hood air deflector. Sharp!!!!! I would recommend this SUV to anyone looking for a great,long lasting, trouble free SUV.

Nice Unit
By Larry and Lori on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Very pleased so far since we brought it home. Had a chance to drive it in ice and snow the other day, and it performed better than I expected. The wife says the more she drives it the better she likes it. ITS A JOY TO DRIVE!!!

A great small SUV
By okchonda on 12/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is one of the nicest, affordable vehicles I have every owned. Much better than the American-made trash I've driven before.

2003 CR-V
By s79949 on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car now for a week and I have found it to be outstanding in the ice and snow. The AWD and ABS really made a difference with the EX model. The 6-CD changer in dash is a great feature and my passengers have plenty of room to stretch out in the back or recline the seats. I bought through the internet fleet dealer and saved over $1000 below Edmunds TMV!

The most for your money
By vray on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Engine power is exceptional for 4 cyl. I'm getting 22-23 MPG in hilly mountainous terrain 26-27 MPG interstate. Comparing to the competition MSRP is thousands less than a similarly equipt vehicle. Legroom is tops compared to Forester and Escape.

Good choice for me.
By Mr K. on 12/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Good car over all, but it's not something that will knock your socks of (unless you are upgrading from Yugo.) It's a good choice for my needs, but it's overpriced and overrated.

problems with my CRV
By alfaron on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great car. However, some problems came up. On the first week, I have to changed 1 brake rotor, realign door panel, and get a missing door handle component. Currently, after 4 months, the side airbag light keeps coming on and off.

Great Little SUV
By Kerch on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great Little SUV. I don't know if the EX is worth the extra cash. I got the LX and made the upgrades myself. I love it, it is fun to drive and you can see great out of it without any real blind spots.

CR-V
By Duncan on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Overall it is a much improved vehicle.

An extremly practical little sport UTE
By Doug Howse on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Was looking at getting a Ford Escape until I test drove the CR-V. Build quality, wind noise, fuel economy, interior layout and price all favored the CR-V. Decent power and better gas mileage than the 3.0L V6 in the Escape. After 3200 miles my mileage in mixed driving is up to 25 MPG. Sound system: The speakers look like paper plates with refrigerator magnets stuck to them. Putting in decent speakers involves fabricating new brakets from scratch. Reccomend hondasuv.com and hondacr-v.org for instructions and hints/tips on adding accessories. This is my first Honda and, based on my impressions so far, it won't be my last.