Used 2003 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Fun Family or Sporty Vehicle!
By madgator22

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

For a compact suv, roomy, luxurious, excellent gas mileage, comfortable and stylish. Drives excellent, low maintenance.

Favorite Features

6 disc cd changer, folded picnic table, moon roof, folding rear seats.

Good Going - Do More!
By dondon

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Love the inventiveness of the interior design of my 1999 Honda CR-V. Feels very roomy, feels bigger and taller than actual, but very nimble and safe all the same. If you use any of the suggestions please send me a new CR-V as payment!

Favorite Features

The 127-hp engine is great with almost no flat spots like my old Acura had. Column shifter allows walk-thru space from front seats. Collapsable tray and picnic table.

Suggested Improvements

"cooler" in tire-well should be 4" deep, square,and use a heavy-duty, insulated, zippable, removable nylon cooler. Move shifter to top of dash near right hand. Hp on '05 models: 220, 180,140 (EX, LX, basic).

my CRV!!!
By Iown it

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After owning many vehicles I have finally found my car!!! Love the extended siting/space as compared to the former model years. Picnic table is cute but haven't used it yet, maybe in the fall (Go PURDUE!). It handled wonderful in the Michigan Winter snow storms!

Favorite Features

The gear shift on the dash is my favorite!

Suggested Improvements

Make a v6 model! Loose the Gas Tank Manditory twists, also the maintenance light at 10K I should be able to choose which service station I go to!

Great car
By Tom Kayaker

2003 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Two weeks after purchace, drove to Canada from So Cal. We averaged 26 miles/gal for the whole trip, with air- conditioning running, freeway, city, mountain and off road. This car never skipped a beat and kept us very comfortable. While there is plenty of leg room in the rear seat area, my 6'1" body wold like the front seat to slide back about one more click. It isn't bad but that would be nice. It has plenty of power to handle every situation and a very large cargo area with or without the rear seats folded down. We are campers, Kayakers and white water rafters so space is very important to us.

Favorite Features

camping table built into the car that actually works. Four cylinder engine with a better power curve than many V6s

Suggested Improvements

Let the front seat(drivers)slide back one more click and put more space between the front roof rack and the rear.

Honda CRV AWD
By Jack Russel

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Having had this car for a year now, I probably would have purchased another vehicle due to just one thing and that is how uncomfortable/noisy this car rides and handles. Everything else is fine, especially the styling and quality. If I drive this vehicle for more than an hour I am ready for a break. Don't take your eyes off of the road for a milisecond while driving because this vehicle will wander away quicker than I have ever seen another vehicle do.

Favorite Features

Styling is what caught my eyes. This vehicle looks great.

Suggested Improvements

Sound barrier so passengers can carry a converstion without all the tire on the road noise. More comfortable seats and better suspension.