2003 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Mission Purpose
By Boogaloo on 01/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It was a tough choice. The CR-V met 'mission' requirements in a best value score over the RAV-4 and Hundai Sante Fe. 25mpg ave. 28mpg hwy, excellent ride and cargo and storage room. Don't ignore the other two. Each had something to offer and your mission might be different. I'm so very disappointed in the domestics. They are irrelevant, fawning off the worse consumer values on four wheels.

Practical
By Brett on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the CRV after comparing it to the xterra, Escape, RAV4, and VUE. I picked to CRV because I thought it had the the most room, quickest acceleration, and best price. The Escape was a close second but I have had reliabilty issues with Fords in the past.

The winner and STILL miniute champion
By icvci on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

How can you go wrong? Great MPG for a ute. Very flexible interior. Solid build. We didn't even consider this vehicle until we test drove it. I was ready to get a RAV4 and immediately changed my mind when I saw the interior.

Best Mini-SUV out there
By robbellr on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the CRV in the end of December 2002. We have about 2,000 miles on it right now. It is running nicely. We tried several other Mini-SUV's and felt this one was the best. The dealership wouldn't move much off the MSRP.

CR-V
By A. Peltier on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Living in the snow belt of Massachusetts and the hills of Worcester, I traded in my Accord of 5 years for the CR-V and I love it. It's been a great ride during lousy weather.

CRV
By Pierre Plourde on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I really enjoy owning and driving my fully loaded CRV 2002.

You can't go wrong with the CR-V
By Luke989 on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Cr-v is awesome.IT's v-tec 160 horespower engine has plenty of power for your daily commute.It's Realtime awd is great and can get you through the snow and slush.

Good Vehicle-but not everthing you think
By Taunton02780 on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was anxious to get my CRV-EX (dark blue 5-speed). Had many dealer installed options put in (dealer may not budge on sticker but you can neg on the options). Good all around vehicle and very dependable and lots of room inside for people and cargo (more than you'd think). However, gas mileage leaves a lot to be desired (not close to window sticker) and it's kind of dismal in the snow (I'm used to 4WD not AWD). I've got 22,000 mls so far (just under a year) and I might get rid of it soon (get something better in the snow - my Saab did better in the snow with just FWD)!

You Must Consider the CRV!
By roachjl on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've put about 3000 miles on my CRV and I love it. I haven't had any problems. It's bigger than the old model, and can comfortably seat five adults. The cargo space is big when the seats are folded down. It's fun to drive with acceleration much better than I expected. Fuel economy could be better, but I'll give it more time. This car has a lot of features that make in comfortable to drive, there was a lot of thought put into this vehicle. Plus it has the insurance institue's highest safety rating. My only problem is visibility. I think the rear pillars interfere with the view occasionally. Not a major problem though.

What a nice SUV!!
By CRV Fan on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Got this SUV early January 2003 (EX Model) and I'm so glad I went for the CRV. This SUV drives and feels like a car. Got a good deal on the price too. I suggest you do your research BEFORE going to the dealership. Be prepared on how to deal with the "Sales Managers". They could be nasty, but it's all part of selling.