Used 2003 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Love my Honda!!!!!!
By philandmolly

2003 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my 2000 Honda as a second car so I would not tear up my Eclipse...found myself not even wanting to drive my other car. As a matter of fact I have only started my Eclipse up once since I bought my Honda to make sure it would start.. Honda has spoiled me.. wish I had bought the CRV first...am thinking of trading both for a brand new CRV.

My favorite feature would be the space. Totally swept away with this SUV.

More horsepower would be a definite improvement.

Great car
By Tom Kayaker

2003 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Two weeks after purchace, drove to Canada from So Cal. We averaged 26 miles/gal for the whole trip, with air- conditioning running, freeway, city, mountain and off road. This car never skipped a beat and kept us very comfortable. While there is plenty of leg room in the rear seat area, my 6'1" body wold like the front seat to slide back about one more click. It isn't bad but that would be nice. It has plenty of power to handle every situation and a very large cargo area with or without the rear seats folded down. We are campers, Kayakers and white water rafters so space is very important to us.

camping table built into the car that actually works. Four cylinder engine with a better power curve than many V6s

Let the front seat(drivers)slide back one more click and put more space between the front roof rack and the rear.

very good, but could be better
By runswithsizzers

2003 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Too soon to tell about durability, but I have Great Expectations. Overall, I'm very happy, but there are a few ergonomic glitches that need work. The dash mount shift lever is too easily confused with the wiper lever, steering wheel is too stiff and heavy for one-hand steering, and the OEM tires are very poorly rated at tire racks website. ABS not avail on LX.

Great view of the world, excellent seating position. Compared to my 1990 pickup truck, the auto door locks, lights, CD, mirror adj, etc seem deluxe.

Needs ABS, better OEM tires, shift lever re-design, more seat height adjustment, and sunvisors that wont block so much of the view.

I love my crv
By Global Girl

2003 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The CR-V is not a car I would have walked onto a lot and chose myself. I got my CR-V as a Christmas gift and I couldn't be happier with what was chosen for me. With 2 young kids and a lot of traveling, this is the perfect size car for us. It has enough room to haul everything, but designed so well that it doesn't feel like I am driving a huge truck.

I enjoy everything in the car. There is nothing I would say bad about it.

Personally, I don't see the point of the picnic table under the back floor.

The Best Damn Vehicle On The Road
By Mrs. Weaver

2003 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my CRV.I wouldn't have any other vehicle.It is the best looking vehicle, it is tough looking, sporty, great family vehicle, power is great, and everytime I look at it, especially standing back, it makes me feel good at what I purchased.I haven't ever been pleased with a vehicle like this one and I have had 5 others and I'm only 24.

The body, the brake shift, the 6 cd changer, the table, all wheel drive, the power, the room, mostly I just love the way it looks.

Radio controls on the steering wheel, small rear camera, that is all I can think.