Used 2003 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

High maintenance after 75000 miles
By T Anderson

2003 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Very noisy - hard to hear radio on most roads in the Northwest. Very high maintenance after 75000 miles. Examples: Drivers side door lock malfunction. 2. Left passenger door lock actuator malfunction.3. Cruise control computer system malfunction. 4. Air bag indicator malfunction. 4. Timing belt side mount replacement. Items 1-4 cost $1200 in repairs! Honda dealer had a very hard time diagnosing cruise control problem. i.e., many false fixes.

Good visibility. Comfortable driving and good passenger interior room. Good storage space. Excellent control while driving on slippery roads.

The cruise control problem was a big disappointment as was the bracket problem. The bracket was cheaply made in order to reduce weight in my pinion.

CRV is a DISASTER!
By Honda NO more!

2003 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am so frustrated right now, it seems our mechanic sees the car more! We have had front strut issues, tire issues, brakes going to early, AC issues, and when I am driving it sometimes feels like I have a manual trans and have the gear too high, I am afraid what that means. Now the emissions warning is on, back door latch is getting lax. I want to get rid of this terrible terrible car soon! I like the looks hate the car. We don't have alot money to constantly be fixing this!!

design look of car and trunk space.

Whole new engine, tires and frame.

just not for me
By billie

2003 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this used crv to save money and downgrade from my 2007 F350 Crew Cab PSD. Since I'm used to large trucks this was a huge transition. Thought it wasn't bad test driving it, but I didn't ride as a passenger and did the next day after buying and that is when I noticed how small it felt. I felt cramped and the seats became uncomfortable.

The fact that it should be reliable and there is plenty of space in the back for groceries etc. Very tight turning radius.

Seats should be made more comfortable, road noise is very bad, ride could be better, could get better MPG considering the engine and size, but would sacrifice a couple more MPGs for a little more HP as it is horrible even going up a slight incline.

Great Reliability and Safe Too
By Chad

2003 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car was a fantastic buy for my family. After 140,000 miles and nothing more than oil changes, brakes and tires it was tragically destroyed in a pretty serious car accident. $15k in damage later and on one was seriously injured. Never had any issues with A/C... We liked this car so much, we found the exact same car and bought it with the insurance money.

Lots of interior room, strong running engine, build quality and reliability.

Gas mileage wasn't great for a 4cyl, but this isn't a car. Seat belts are a little finicky for retraction, but they saved my wife and kids' lives so they worked when it mattered, as did the air bags.

Ripped off
By douglas fontaine

2003 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My girlfriend purchased this vehicle with 50,000 mi. on it which we figured for a Honda this was nothing. At 90,000 mi the transmission started to shift into overdrive too early and the vehicle would lug like a standard shift in to high of a gear. We had an extended warranty to 100000mi. and brought it in to the dealer in our area and a so called technician took it for a day and came back and of course said he didn't notice anything. So we left and of course a few thousand miles after the warranty ran out we had to fork out 3000 bucks on a transmission. Thanks Honda. I won't ever buy or recommend you again.

Roomy