Used 2003 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 472 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

LOVED My CR-V
By jval

2003 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My dad purchased the 2003 CR-V LX 4WD new in 2002. When I was ready to drive, he passed it down to me. I drove it for the next eight years with only a few fixes. The front/rear brakes and alternator were the most major repairs, but with good reason. I went to school in Ithaca, NY for four years and the snow/sleet/hail took its toll. For the winter beatings it went through, it held up great.

I recently got in an accident and my CR-V was totaled - a Chevy truck hit my front passenger wheel. The impact hit all the right spots and my poor CR-V couldn't be repaired. It was only at 78,500 miles. It's a HUGE shame - this car had many years left in it. I miss it greatly.

A/C On Elm Street
By jboo

2003 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Yes, another A/C nightmare story! I am on my 6th, yes SIXTH, A/C since I bought this otherwise nifty car new in 2003. Not happy here, however, the A/C guy is thrilled.

A/C and engineering so that changing lanes does not require agility of an owl. Otherwise, love my car.

Honda CR-V Air Conditioner Issue Cover Up
By Mac PSP

2003 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased my Honda CR-V new, it now has just over 70,000 miles, last week the air conditioning system failed and wiped out the entire system. The dealer wanted $2000 to replace the system. I refused and checked out the issue on line. As it turns out there are multiple year air conditioning failures on the CR-V. Honda's USA Corporate office is refusing to acknowledge to there is an issue. I am contacting the California State Attorney General and an attorney. Honda's Corporate Customer Service Rep would not let me make a point on the phone and told me, "I might want to be quiet before I stuck my foot in my mouth!" This is typical of how Honda has handled this problem. Stay tuned!

Gas Mileage, that is it.

Don't buy a CR-V!

Here One Not Depressingly Apperciated
By hbechara

2003 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I swapped my (BMW 323i 2001) into this car, was seeking for better fuel economy simply by thinking a 4cyl consume less than 6 cyl But unfortunately i was WRONG! in addition to the super 24 valves where each plays its own orchestra with unsupportable noises. The AWD sounds like you are driving a tank, simply lots of noises with a poor sound system. About the interior, don't expect something more than Honda, Luxury is devilish and we must keep away. Great A/C but you may freeze in front seats to comfort who's sitting in the back. Bad deviation if accelerating up in a ramp.

not bad as a family car for urban use.

Rear A/C and improved Airbags are most recommended

Best ever
By meadowmaven

2003 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned Toyota and Honda going back 35 years and have liked them all. they have performed well with little maintenance. This CR-V has been the best all round vehicle for reliability, comfort and versatility. Nothing but regular maintenance after 7 years, my tall husband is comfortable driving it, and just about everything fits in it thanks to its boxier style. Good going Honda

winter snow handling, position of driver controls, large capacity with multiple seat positions. Good sound system

can't think of any