Used 2003 Honda CR-V LX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

LOVED My CR-V
By jval

2003 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My dad purchased the 2003 CR-V LX 4WD new in 2002. When I was ready to drive, he passed it down to me. I drove it for the next eight years with only a few fixes. The front/rear brakes and alternator were the most major repairs, but with good reason. I went to school in Ithaca, NY for four years and the snow/sleet/hail took its toll. For the winter beatings it went through, it held up great. I recently got in an accident and my CR-V was totaled - a Chevy truck hit my front passenger wheel. The impact hit all the right spots and my poor CR-V couldn't be repaired. It was only at 78,500 miles. It's a HUGE shame - this car had many years left in it. I miss it greatly.

Very cramped Noisy but great cargo space
By Sam K

2003 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

if you're the primary driver and you're over 5' 7', don't buy unless you want back pain and/or heel pain. I am 5' 10" and find that my seat even if all the way back my knees are off the seat which gives me foot pain. My wife is 5' 2" and my father in law is 5' 6" and both are thin. If we add the car seat, it's hard for them to sit. The middle seat-belt is a joke. Very, very, very noisy interior. Especially if you're driving on 101 South LOL. Forget talking on cell phones inside this SUV or even having a decent conversation along with light music.

- Great fuel econ. 23 in city driving. 30+ on highway. - Great cargo. Fold front seat and back seats and we got a 7' book case - Parks like a car fits small spaces - 4 cyl but carries 5 people with ease on the steep san fran street - excellent turn radius - Very sporty driving. Not lethargic.

seats are very bad. Gives me a back pain. Upholstery is very plain. Like said above, the front seat either needs to go higher or more back. I have to fold up an old t-shirt under my right leg to give me the right angle. Maybe I'm too tall for this SUV. LOL. Reduce cabin noise please!

Ripped off
By douglas fontaine

2003 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My girlfriend purchased this vehicle with 50,000 mi. on it which we figured for a Honda this was nothing. At 90,000 mi the transmission started to shift into overdrive too early and the vehicle would lug like a standard shift in to high of a gear. We had an extended warranty to 100000mi. and brought it in to the dealer in our area and a so called technician took it for a day and came back and of course said he didn't notice anything. So we left and of course a few thousand miles after the warranty ran out we had to fork out 3000 bucks on a transmission. Thanks Honda. I won't ever buy or recommend you again.

Roomy

CRV or Bust!!
By irishgal

2003 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Ok...so it's a smaller SUV but our family of four LOVE the CRV. Really. Turn radius is super, comfortable, verrrry reliable and fun/easy to drive! Gas mileage is about 22 hwy. 18 or so city. Good storage room in back. We've had 5 people (2 adults/3 kids) and they're not squished. There are no blind spots, either. Important for me!!

It's fun to drive! LOTS of storage for CD's, drinks and just stuff (when you have kids there is always some hidey hole or drink cup in use). TWO drink cup holders in back.

The parking break is below radio. WEIRD location for it. AND needs to have AC in back for passengers! Maybe new models do?

A Thankful Purchase
By lonefish

2003 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I really have no complaints about this vehicle, and can come up with none. I did not purchase it for off road use, but being a handicapped/disabled male, 57 years of age, it sure fit the bill!

Driver seat comfort & fit, telescope & tilt steering wheel, EXTREMELY FAST warm up/heat in cold weather, fuel economy for a vehicle this size/shape, storage capacity, available space for grocery shopping ... YOU CAN'T BEAT IT !

Being handicapped, I have a wheelchair carrier mounted to a "class 3" trailer hitch, which Honda does not supply/offer. Given that, even though I had to seek an "outside provider", the rearward weight & balance has NEVER been a problem, on city streets, or on Interstates, at highway speeds.