Used 2003 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 473 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Decent rig
By Jakob Verlinde

2003 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2003 Murano that was about to blow up for this 2003 base line CRV. At first I didn't like it but it was the ol' ladies car so it's whatever. Bought it for $5,000 off the lot after everything said and done. The fuel economy is great but the tank is really small so you can get about 300 miles per tank if you don't crack vtec every take off and do massive burnouts... the engine has 140,000 miles and starting making a horendous valve ticking sound I guess it's common and its recommended to get it adjusted every 60,000 miles for $350 at the local Honda dealer (Klein Honda) I said screw that I can get a used engine from Japan with 45,000 miles for $600 if it blows up. I use diesel oil for oil changes and it seems to actually run better on it and it quiets the ticking down. It is a base model so nothing special, the radio screen kinda turns off but if you hit the dash hard enough it turns back on. It's only 2wd which concerned me but I took it out on the beach and smashed on it in the sand, took it out in the mud once too, of course I cleaned it good so I wouldnt be in the dog house but it never once got stuck and it pulled through well. Also I used it to pull my father in laws dodge ram 2500 out from the side of the house and it did great. I use it for everything it's not intended for and it works great.

Made in England
By Fred Gilmore

2003 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Assembled in Great Britain first strike worse car for repairs I ever had . 5 warrantee recalls for cables ignition key can't remember them all. 3 throttle bodies replaced, and a/c under warrantee so no cost, in az. U need a/c. Bought it primarily to tow behind rv ,for that it was great . Mileage good acceleration so,so. Kind of a slug. Still have it after 13 years so all the problems were tollererable . And will get another one it's perfect for my wife.

A long term friend
By ELAINE LICARI

2003 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I hate to sell this car after 13 years of great service. The only reason I am buying a new car is b/c the 2003 has 180,000 miles and I didn't want to push the luck I had for so long. When I went to buy another Honda CRV (stick with a winner), there was another car on the lot just like mine (except it had automatic transmission and mine was manual). It had 400,000 miles on it.

Great first car!
By Aubrey

2003 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car when I was 18 as my first car. It has been reliable and great ever since I have owned it! The only problems I have been incurring are the various headlight bulbs have been going out. First, my driverside rear blinker went out; second, my passenger rear running light went out; third, my front driverside headlight went out; fourth, my front driverside blinker went out. All cheap do-able fixes. But I love my car, it has been great for me!

2003 Honda CRV
By Laura

2003 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Only trouble so far are my cloudy headlights.
Best car I have ever owned!
Must say I love the red!