2003 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
LOVED My CR-V
By jval on 08/17/11 12:05 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My dad purchased the 2003 CR-V LX 4WD new in 2002. When I was ready to drive, he passed it down to me. I drove it for the next eight years with only a few fixes. The front/rear brakes and alternator were the most major repairs, but with good reason. I went to school in Ithaca, NY for four years and the snow/sleet/hail took its toll. For the winter beatings it went through, it held up great. I recently got in an accident and my CR-V was totaled - a Chevy truck hit my front passenger wheel. The impact hit all the right spots and my poor CR-V couldn't be repaired. It was only at 78,500 miles. It's a HUGE shame - this car had many years left in it. I miss it greatly.

Very cramped Noisy but great cargo space
By Sam K on 04/19/10 11:50 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

if you're the primary driver and you're over 5' 7', don't buy unless you want back pain and/or heel pain. I am 5' 10" and find that my seat even if all the way back my knees are off the seat which gives me foot pain. My wife is 5' 2" and my father in law is 5' 6" and both are thin. If we add the car seat, it's hard for them to sit. The middle seat-belt is a joke. Very, very, very noisy interior. Especially if you're driving on 101 South LOL. Forget talking on cell phones inside this SUV or even having a decent conversation along with light music.

Ripped off
By douglas fontaine on 09/23/09 15:34 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My girlfriend purchased this vehicle with 50,000 mi. on it which we figured for a Honda this was nothing. At 90,000 mi the transmission started to shift into overdrive too early and the vehicle would lug like a standard shift in to high of a gear. We had an extended warranty to 100000mi. and brought it in to the dealer in our area and a so called technician took it for a day and came back and of course said he didn't notice anything. So we left and of course a few thousand miles after the warranty ran out we had to fork out 3000 bucks on a transmission. Thanks Honda. I won't ever buy or recommend you again.

CRV or Bust!!
By irishgal on 09/21/09 15:44 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Ok...so it's a smaller SUV but our family of four LOVE the CRV. Really. Turn radius is super, comfortable, verrrry reliable and fun/easy to drive! Gas mileage is about 22 hwy. 18 or so city. Good storage room in back. We've had 5 people (2 adults/3 kids) and they're not squished. There are no blind spots, either. Important for me!!

A Thankful Purchase
By lonefish on 04/21/09 22:15 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I really have no complaints about this vehicle, and can come up with none. I did not purchase it for off road use, but being a handicapped/disabled male, 57 years of age, it sure fit the bill!

Best idea I every had
By craftyhorse on 07/25/08 21:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I use to own a truck and needed something that can haul people and stuff and get good gas mileage. This little car has it all. I even pull a trailer with 5 people in it and still get about 23 to 25 mpg. I get about 27 to 29 with the right gas and drive the speed limit. Does tight turns very well and I love to show that off. After I bought one, my parents needed a tow vehicle and ended up buying the 2007 edition.

I love my red Honda CRV
By Katarina68 on 01/08/08 12:09 PM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am a mom with 2 kids and I love this car. I have had it for more than 3 years and it never required any attention other than the oil change. It's spacious, yet I can reach to my kids in the back while driving. It feels reliable and safe.

Great, except for the air conditioning!
By graphicdavid on 08/09/06 22:50 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We've had our CR-V for three years. It's a great car generally, but it is now at the dealer for the second replacement of the air conditioning system. First time, it just quit working at 37,000 miles. Honda covered it for us under the original warranty. This time, at 56,000 miles, the compressor started growling. The $2000 repair will be covered by our extended warranty. Not sure I'll buy a Honda next time out....

03 CRV
By mark on 07/13/06 10:54 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My CRV has been free of any problems at 75000 miles. My only complaints about it are poor sound insulation, such that it's hard to listen to the radio on many highways, and a rough ride in the rear seat.

blue book value
By vanessa castaneda on 03/15/06 06:49 AM (PST)

2003 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

very fun for athletes, road trips and extrememly reliable. Spacious and safe. Has a picnic table in trunk also.