Used 2003 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

2003 Honda CRV
By Laura

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Only trouble so far are my cloudy headlights. Best car I have ever owned! Must say I love the red!

Best Car I have Ever Owned!
By Chris

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My 2003 CRV EX with over 242,000 miles has been the absolute BEST car I have ever owned in terms or reliability, minimal repairs and overall performance in all weather conditions. The only complaint I have is the driver side door lock actuator which needed replacement and apparently has been an issue with this year Honda. However, when I decided to buy a new car for business needs, I choose another CRV without hesitation.

Good car Except for expensive A/C repair
By Mark

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this w/ 94K miles and overall its an OK vehicle but very weak and slow. However, I expected that, as long as it got good gas mileage. Well this car is both slow and thirsty! I only get 20-22mpg mixed and for a 4cylinder this is unacceptable. I've gotten better gas mileage w/ V-6's. Also, the A/C compressor problem is not a rumor or a joke. I knew about this problem after reading reviews but I did not thing it was common enough to be a risk, so bought the car anyway. I was wrong and 3 months after purchasing it the A/C compressor broke. Seems like not a big deal since its not engine/trans related but guess again. From the dealer, the A/C repair was quoted at $4000! because they need to replace the entire system. Thats more than an engine or transmission. Luckily I found an indy mechanic that fixed it for $1800. Still alot of $ to spend especially when comparable RAV4s don't have any of these costs.

Great Car for Long term Purchase
By zhenchok

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car off lease when it had 18k it now has 150k with no issues. I keep saying to myself I'll buy a new car when my current car breaks, but it still works perfectly. Sure it't not as smooth as it was when I first got it, but at 150k this is the best vehicle purchase I've ever made. I recently bought 90k warranty tires because I know that it will last another 100k without any issues. I basically did my oil changes, regular maintenance, break replacement, and tire replacements. Two years ago my a/c went out and I had to replace a rear door lock sensor, but other than that I have not had any mechanical issues at all. If you want a reliable car for long term purchase, get a CRV!

I love how roomy it is, the gas millage has been great, and the fact that it is reliable. It is a very practical car. Sure, its not the best looking car out on the road after 11 years. Yes, I can afford a car that is double the cost of a new CRV. But, when I originally bought my car 11 years ago, I wanted efficient gas mileage, reliable, easy to maintain, roomy enough to go camping. 11 years later I have not replaced it simply because I want to see how long it will last. If you are more into looks and vogue then don't get a CRV, but if you want a reliable car that is efficient, I think that this car is a great value. My car was assembled in the UK.

It is 11 years old, i have no issues with it after this many years of driving it. I hope that Honda fixed their A/C compressor pump issue with this model. A lot of people were having A/C issues. Seats have never been too comfortable.

Potentially serious issues with a 2003 HONDA CR-V
By gzp2013

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

1. Changed all door lock actuators, including the hatch door 2. Poor to dangerous car stability on two occasions First time on a slightly icy road the car did a 180 degree turn while driving at 40 miles/hour, I landed on the opposite direction of a two way street, fortunately nobody was driving on the other side Second time the car did a 90 degree turn on a slightly wet road, again driving ~ 35-40 miles/hour On both occasions the CR-V had top of the line tires that were in fine condition I have also been driving VW and Hyundai cars and never had this kind of experiences as I had with the CR-V

• SUV