Used 2003 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 471 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

A long term friend
By ELAINE LICARI

2003 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I hate to sell this car after 13 years of great service. The only reason I am buying a new car is b/c the 2003 has 180,000 miles and I didn't want to push the luck I had for so long. When I went to buy another Honda CRV (stick with a winner), there was another car on the lot just like mine (except it had automatic transmission and mine was manual). It had 400,000 miles on it.

Great first car!
By Aubrey

2003 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car when I was 18 as my first car. It has been reliable and great ever since I have owned it! The only problems I have been incurring are the various headlight bulbs have been going out. First, my driverside rear blinker went out; second, my passenger rear running light went out; third, my front driverside headlight went out; fourth, my front driverside blinker went out. All cheap do-able fixes. But I love my car, it has been great for me!

2003 Honda CRV
By Laura

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Only trouble so far are my cloudy headlights.
Best car I have ever owned!
Must say I love the red!

Best Car I have Ever Owned!
By Chris

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My 2003 CRV EX with over 242,000 miles has been the absolute BEST car I have ever owned in terms or reliability, minimal repairs and overall performance in all weather conditions. The only complaint I have is the driver side door lock actuator which needed replacement and apparently has been an issue with this year Honda. However, when I decided to buy a new car for business needs, I choose another CRV without hesitation.

Good car Except for expensive A/C repair
By Mark

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this w/ 94K miles and overall its an OK vehicle but very weak and slow. However, I expected that, as long as it got good gas mileage. Well this car is both slow and thirsty! I only get 20-22mpg mixed and for a 4cylinder this is unacceptable. I've gotten better gas mileage w/ V-6's.

Also, the A/C compressor problem is not a rumor or a joke. I knew about this problem after reading reviews but I did not thing it was common enough to be a risk, so bought the car anyway. I was wrong and 3 months after purchasing it the A/C compressor broke. Seems like not a big deal since its not engine/trans related but guess again. From the dealer, the A/C repair was quoted at $4000! because they need to replace the entire system. Thats more than an engine or transmission. Luckily I found an indy mechanic that fixed it for $1800. Still alot of $ to spend especially when comparable RAV4s don't have any of these costs.