2002 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: Very Sad I just totalled my CR

2002 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Very Sad I just totalled my CR-V, I loved this car!
By kmarino on

2002 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I loved this car it has been so reliable for the past 10 years. I had 197,000 miles on it and could have easily put on another 197,000 miles. Not one problem with it mechanically the engine had all original parts. Never had any of the recall issues either. My CR-V has gotten me home safely in some of the most extreme conditions driving from LA to Mammoth Lakes at least twice a month for the past 6 years. Until the night a deer took it out. I would recommend this car to anyone. Would love to buy a newer CR-V, but was laid off from work due to economy will have to try a KIA. Thats why I'm on here. Thanks to all who write reviews almost bought an SUV from US makers reviews scared me.

Car handle extremely well, I always felt it was solid and safe, and loved that it was a fast little car for a 4 banger. Handled great in the snow even though it was only 2wd. Gas mileage was great. Lots of interior room for passengers as well as cargo space. First car I've owned that I loved it until the day it died.

I do agree that it needs to be better sound proof, and seats could definitely be more comfortable. Needs more lumbar support and cushion. Seats are too firm and stiff. I would like to see Honda add a bit more bells and whistles that other cars have as standard items rather than everything cool having to be extras if offered at all.