2002 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: HONDA - a love/hate relationsh

2002 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

HONDA - a love/hate relationship
By cvilla on

2002 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned 2 other hondas prior to this one and I am sad to say it is the black sheep of the bunch. As my family grew so did our need to move into a larger car than my 1996 civic. My old civics have been as reliable as nothing else I've owned. The CRV seemed like a sure bet. My first year was trouble free as expected from a Honda. On our second summer the ac blew out! I thought I just had one of those RARE little problems and would probably never happen again. Just this Sept. my AC started to make those same sounds again before it blew up! My other civics 220000+ miles and no problems yet! I should have bought another civic! Honda made the best and worst cars I've owned. I love/hate Hondas.

The CRV does have some nice features my civics don't. Rear cargo space is great when we go camping. We also love the built in table that can come out from the back floor area. I like how the Parking break blends into the interior of the dash.

Honda would be better if they redesigned the entire AC unit! This car could very well damage their GOOD name. I was also expecting better gas mileage out of my CRV. I only get about 19mpg city & 23hwy. Oh, and why do my plastic headlights turn an ugly yellow after only just a few years?