2002 Honda CR-V 2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great car

2002 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Great car
By ozolinsh on

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this 2002 Honda CRV only since '08 but it is now at 181,000 KM and it is still a smooth ride. In interior comfort is very good and being a tall person I fit in it just fine. The cargo space is great and with the rear seats folded over I can transport a surprising amount of stuff (moves done with this). The engine is strong and it accelerates nicely even with 4 people in the CRV. The downside is the gas mileage, not as good as an Accord of similar vintage and engine size but the AWD does have a rear-differential so you must expect that feature will affect mileage in any truck.

Favorite Features

Peppy engine, nice ride height, great visibility, amazing amount of cargo space! Also, the AWD - best thing ever on snowy roads in the winter!

Suggested Improvements

My only beef is the seat belts that eventually don't retract well and struts that barely last 10yrs! When I called Honda about the belts they said they are good for the life of the car, and they said the life of a car is 7 yrs. Strange, at 10yrs old it is beautiful and runs great, I would not say it's ready for a scrapyard.