disappointing
By Joe on
2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I bought this car from private party who had leased it new and decided to sell it instead of turning it in at the end of the lease. Not long after I had it the Throttle sensor went out. You have to replace the whole throttle body. $750 at the dealership (parts only) I got one at a salvage yard for $300 plus $200 to replace. Next the AC compressor blew. $700 to fix. Next the TPS went out again. A new one this time. $900 to fix. Now the O2 sensor is bad at least another 3-$400. The tape player just went out. Two days ago my wife had it overheat while driving. It was out of coolant. I have no idea why. I refilled it and am holding my breath hoping it holds out long enough for me to sell it.
Favorite Features
Nice ride. Looks good. Can tow 4 wheels down. Even though its a mechanical nightmare I can probably still get a pretty good price for it because of the good ratings it has.
Suggested Improvements
Honda is one of the few that makes you replace the whole throttle body for the TPS (a $50 part at most!!!) They rivet the thing to the body. They won't even sell just the sensor by itself.