2002 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Safe car for family!
By MLopez on 04/05/05 16:46 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I recently had a major car accident in my crv and thankfully due to the stability of this vehicle myself and my three children only have bruises, and some back and neck pain to show. our vehicle was hit between the driver and rear passenger doors and did a complete rollover as well as a 360 degree spin before coming to a stop at a brick wall. The vehicle was totalled however I would definitely recommend this vehicle for anyone with a family to own due to how safe and secure we were! I will be purchasing honda again due to the reliability, and safety of their vehicles.

2002 Honda CRV-EX Gold Edition
By Maureen on 03/06/05 07:06 AM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for three months. I owned one CRV before. The car is a pleasure to drive and built sturdy. For the intown driving I do, the gas mileage is fine. My only recommendation would be better visibility of front bumpers from drivers seat. I see that the previous owner must have had difficulty as well. Other than that, the car is built to last. I have had Toyotas for years but Honda builds a much better car.

2002 Honda CRV-EX Gold Edition
By Maureen on 03/06/05 07:06 AM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for three months.I owned one CRV before. The car is a pleasure to drive and built sturdy. For the intown driving I do, the gas mileage is fine. My only recommendation would be better visibility of front bumpers from drivers seat. I see that the previous owner must have had difficulty as well. Other than that, the car is built to last. I have had Toyotas for years but Honda builds a much better car.

Honda
By Eileen on 03/01/05 19:51 PM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Can never find anything wrong with this vehicle. Honda certified from the beginning.

"Perfect CRV"!
By KD on 02/27/05 15:29 PM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this SUV about three years ago.Traded in our honda civic for this suv.One of the best cars i have ever had. We have 45,000 miles on it right now, and no trouble whatsoever!But,its too small, and need something a little bigger.

CRV - great deal for SUV performance
By hoya02 on 02/19/05 18:16 PM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very reliable SUV. Fun to drive. Didn't realize it did not have a lock mechanism on the door panel of the front passenger's side. Missed that convenience I had with my 98 Accord. Glove compartment is smallest I have ever had. The owner's manual fits and little else. Miss the Accord's roomy interior. CRV's great cargo area is the main reason I bought it. It uses gas a lot faster than the Accord, but as an SUV, it's still more economical than most. Grocery shopping is sometimes a problem for putting away groceries in the back because of the swing out door. Other vehicles often pull too close to the back door, and it makes it difficult to open the door to put items in back cargo area.

2002 CVR
By Sue on 02/13/05 17:38 PM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This really is a good vehicle, but I'm surprised at how poorly the tires have held up, the paint quality is poor and has anyone ever backed-up into something???? I tapped another car in my driveway and was surprised at how the back side fell apart. The body side molding unattached itself from the metal and oh my what a dent! That was from a little tap rolling out of the garage. I am really beginning to worry how safe this car would be if it were rear ended. Has anyone encountered any rear end damage???

Not up to typical Honda quality
By Dennis O on 02/09/05 12:58 PM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This CRV is a disappointment. All the struts had to be replaced before 32K miles--the right rear twice! Cruise control never engages on the first push of the button. It's hard to get into 1st gear and is very difficult to put in reverse without major gear grinding. It has a high frequency vibration at 60-70MPH that comes and goes. New tires improved it but not completely. Factory tires are junk. Rear door strut failed, and had to be replaced. There is excessive road noise, especially at highway speeds. My dealer has been super in helping resolve problems. I've had more issues with this vehicle than with all the other 4 Hondas I've own combined. Next car: Highlander.

Wow!!! Totally Impressed
By nycteacher on 02/07/05 22:05 PM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. Just picked it up today and what an auto. I am crazy about it ... thank you, thank you honda.

Wise Choice
By Rod on 01/01/05 23:10 PM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Excellent performance overall. My only complaint would have to be the paint job which is very easily marked by the slightest contact. I have driven my CRV on lengthy road trips from Florida to Virginia several times and can honestly say that I have no complaints. My CRV has received three recall notices for minor adjustments which I could not notice as far as performance goes. The only time I used the warranty was when my door lock on the driver's side would not accept the key. I will soon have 60,000 miles on it and have replaced the tires once and make sure my oil is changed every 3,000- 5,000 miles as suggested.