Used 2002 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

3rd and last Honda
By disappointed

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased in Aug 08. Problems began after 75,000. Airbag light on for most of the time. Air conditioning died at 90,000 miles. Transmission dead at 105K and the gas tank neck needed to be replaced. After 165K the alternator died, leaving me on the side of a busy highway. All told, I have spent over $6,000 in repairs on top of regular maintenance. I would say the CRV is a piece of junk, but every one I know who has one, loves it and has had no problems at all. I got a lemon. But the highway incident was the last straw. Last night i bought a Volvo.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Better quality of air conditioner, alternator, and catalytic converter construction.

Lack of Oxygen
By Nickel99

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the car new and currently have 53,250 miles. I have enjoyed the car and it has performed up to Honda quality and reliability standards except for this recent experience. Both of the oxygen sensors failed at the same time and had to be replaced at 53,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Great cargo and storage for a small SUV. Performs well in snow and adverse driving conditions. Very practical and functional small SUV.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the quality of interior.

Best SUV I've owned
By iss

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Well short and sweet, one of the best suvs for the price. I know it will last 250,000 plus no problem can anyone say that about their suv.

Favorite Features

6 cd changer, sunroof e-brake at arm reach on the right side under the cd changer picnic table.

Suggested Improvements

AC control no way to separate the heat and ac.

The best vehicle I have ever owned.
By Todd Caudle

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My 2002 CR-V EX is the fourth Honda I have owned and my eighth vehicle. My last four vehicles have all been Honda's. I don't have much negative to say about it. The only trouble I've experienced, has been with Gas Filler threads causing the Gas Cap to be a little hard to put on. I had one of the front stabilizer links to pop off on one end. Other than that it has been a great vehicle. It has over 100,000 miles on it, but looks, drives, feels and sounds like it only has 100 miles. I will probably never own anything but a Honda.

Favorite Features

6 disc CD Changer, Rear Door opens to the side, Sunroof, Height Adjustable Driver Seat, 12 volt outlets.

Suggested Improvements

I think for the money and given the type of vehicle, Honda has made one of, or perhaps the best small SUV on the market.

Love mine
By Karl

2002 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my 2002 CR-V. Anyone who wishes a quiet and more comfortable ride try the Goodyear Assurance Comfort Tread Tires. These tires are quiet. And they are not called comfort tread for nothing. My wife and I both notice a difference in the ride and handling.

Favorite Features

Overall space and access.

Suggested Improvements

Configure the back seat so that it folds flat