2002 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Happy with my Honda
By HondaMan on 12/28/06 18:43 PM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

A fun, fuel efficient safe vehicle. Great in the snow. Has held up well over 50,000 miles -- plan to keep it for another 50,000. Prior to installing a "bug shield" had many small nicks in the paint on the hood. Otherwise, a near perfect performance - - hey, it's a Honda.

Gonna hang onto this one awhile
By Buffalonian on 11/07/06 12:28 PM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought ours new in 2002 and have loved it ever since. OEM tires are no good in snow after a few thousand miles (we live in Buffalo). Replaced with good all season Yokohama tires, which are now going on their 3rd winter. Interior plastic does scratch/show smudges a little too easily, as does the exterior paint. Seats are a little uncomfortable on long rides. Storage is great. We use the picnic table when we camp. We use this over our Accord for vacation road trips because it's so fun to drive! Good mileage for a ute (we get 24-27 MPG). No mechanical problems at 50,000 miles so far except dealer recalls which were fixed very quickly.

Best Car I have Every Owns
By Sock on 10/11/06 17:42 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm getting a little teary eyed at the thought that I might soon part with my car. At 100K, it runs like a clock. You will never stop being amazed at all the space inside this vehicle; no one will feel cramped in the rear seat. The interior is spartan, but does not feel cheap at all. I have a 5 speed, so the 4 cyl engine never bothered me, and I get an MPG in the low to mid 20s despite the AWD. This may be one of the best used car values you'll ever find.

Dissapointed
By Jessica on 09/14/06 12:56 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2002 CRV and my AC compressor just went out. I have about 55,000 miles on it and I hardly ever use my AC. I had a mechanic tell me off the record that he has seen this problem with quite a few CRV's. Funny, I was considering buying a new CRV before this happened. I have owned three Honda's before this one, and I have never been dissapointed until now.

A/C
By Kenny on 09/03/06 12:09 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My a/c compressor just went out on me a few days ago and the car has under 58,000 miles. I was informed by the dealership where I purchased my vehicle from that the repairs will not be covered by Honda since I did not purchased the extended warranty. I was very upset and dissappointed. This is my 5th Honda vehicles and everyone in my family has a Honda vehicle. I called the corporate office and they said that I'm out of luck since I did not listen to the dealership when they were trying to offer and sell me the extended warranty. I told them I will never ever by Honda car again and they replied back and said "It's your decision and unfortunately this problem is not caused by Honda!"

My Honda
By jeff foote on 09/01/06 05:34 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This has been the most dependable car that we have ever owned. There have been no maintenance problems and the gas mileage exceeds the amounts shown on the sticker. In fact, my wife has taken it as her car even though we own another later modeled brand.

Pretty good, but some annoying issues
By Evelyn on 08/01/06 12:16 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have manual & had to bring it in for clutch issues 6x (free). The rear wiper only rotates apx. 60 degrees; w/rear windows open you get a horrid air noise; no int wipers & wipers grind on windshield; crappy upgraded sound system; locks are funny based on key position in ignition; other than that, the car has held up well & will probably resell well also. It could have been better, but at least it never broke down on the road. I beat on it too.

Steady and Reliable Friend
By Robert on 07/27/06 01:33 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Other than normal wear and tear, I have never had to have any major work performed on this CR-V. While it may not be the sexiest SUV out there, it is solid and reliable, like an old friend. The interior has held up well and is quite functional. My major issue is that I only average 20-22 MPG on the Interstate and @ 17-18 MPG city. Also, I'd like a bit more low end torque to get the CR-V motivated when I need it to get up and go. Once it is at speed, it is a smooth ride with average noise intrusion. Very good brakes and handling for a SUV. I am very satisfied with my CR-V and I plan to keep it for at least another 5 years.

2002 Honda CR-V
By dogbite on 07/19/06 19:24 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great vehicle, no problems, will probably buy another.

Borderline Lemon
By JSE on 05/30/06 19:47 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased CRV new and have several issues with quality; moonroof motor burnt out @15000 miles, missing interior door switch, A/C out after 36000 miles (very expensive repair), rear bushings (replaced), driver side visor falls out, auto power up/down window stops working periodically,and constant rattle from rear of vehicle. CRV is not comfortable on long trips for any driver over 5'2". This has not been a typical reliable Honda.