2002 Honda CR-V LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2002 CR-V Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Sort Reviews by

It's Everything It Was Intended tTo Be
By John Stukey

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I tested the 2001 Honda CR-V and we both agreed neither of us wanted it. When we took a ride in the 2002, it was like driving in another car. The ride, handling is superior has p. The ride and handling excells other SUV's we tested. Overall, the CR-V gives you what Honda intended, a fun, comfortable all-wheel SUV with great interior space. Both my wife and I love the car.

Favorite Features

I love the ease of how the back seat folds up. I like that the EX came with side impact bags and three headrests.

Suggested Improvements

Need more options.

New CR-V is a GEM!
By aboyer

2002 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The redesigned CR-V is an incredible deal. I started out looking at small wagons, but when I discovered I could buy a CR-V for just a few dollars more than the cost of a new Ford Focus wagon, I converted from being a long-time wagon driver to a new compact suv driver. What a wonderful vehicle!

lacking seat comfort for tall drivers
By john miller

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2002 CRV EX for its generous and plain interior space. Performance & fuel economy: Good enough. Build Quality: Good enough. Reliability: Don't know yet. Comfort: I'm a 6 footer and I do seem to have a problem with the driver seat position/contour. After only a few minutes I feel the unpleasant sensation of my legs circulation being cut off. Is it the seat's angle/front edge, or lack of lumbar support? I wonder if there are other tall drivers with a similar experience.

Favorite Features

Interior space: generous, flexible, plain.

Suggested Improvements

Driver seat flexibility; EX model without privacy glass;

Simply the best
By Kerch

2002 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Awesome car. I would say SUV, but it isn't. If you are looking for a vehicle to tow a ton of stuff, go 4 wheelin in the mountains and mudding and stuff like that then get a Jeep. But if you want a real, practical auto got going around town in, picking up kids, and making people's heads turn, then this is it! Good power, beats the Toyota RAV-4 hands down! Great, great car! I have NO complaints! Awesome ride!

Favorite Features

Built great, you can feel it when you drive it. Sits up high, handles great, and is AMAZINGLY quiet!

Suggested Improvements

Lights on the window controls and locks for night time driving. That is all I can think of.

Your dreams DO come true
By Patti

2002 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is just unbelievable! I've had 8 cars in the last 10 years and this car is just a dream! It steers like a compact car allowing u turns with ease. It speeds up to allow you to get in the fast lane without making others slow down for you. I mean it's just sooo awesome. It rides QUIET and smooth. It is built with creation and safety in mind and it shows. Don't let the odd location of the gear scare you!! :) Patti the best Realtor in S. Fl.!!

Favorite Features

The 160 horsepower engine with a v4 which makes for low gas bills. $14 fill

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see wider tires, 16in. instead of 15in. and light in gear shif

'02 5 speed
By Altoon

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

So far I like nearly everything about this vehicle. My only complaint is that I could use a little more leg room.

Good Vehicle - I mean CR-V
By Joes

2002 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Everything thing is good

Favorite Features

Interior Space

CRV's are awesome
By crvkid98

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is awesome. I bought a 98 and it is great. Runs and looks like it is brand new. Don't listen to the commercials. CRV's make Sportages look like garbage.

Favorite Features

Table in trunk, different look, honda name and reputation.

Suggested Improvements

How can you improve on perfection?

I love it
By Oscar M

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my CR-V in january, and I love it. It's fun to drive, love the performance and styling. Overall I love my CR-V and would never consider the lame competion that is out there in the same segment. If your are in the market for a small SUV this is your best choice.

Favorite Features

6 disc cd changer, sunroof, ABS, the peak torque at 3600rpm and then the vtec at 4500rpm and then the peak horsepower at 6000rpm.

Suggested Improvements

Like others have mentioned the center headrest in the rear has to go. and the fuel economy is not what I expected at 19mpg with A/C running all the time

I'm Happy
By J Mac

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Couldn't be happier with our 2002 CRV 5 speed EX. Highly recommend the 5 speed as it is fun, smooth and adds a lot of spunk. The engine power is perfect. The size of the vehicle suits our needs - not too small, not too big. The CRV is much roomier, sportier, and quick and than the Accord I traded. Very quiet, too. No complaints here other than having had to pay list price.

Favorite Features

Engine, 5 speed, handling, Honda quality

Suggested Improvements

Radio is quite a reach, 5 speed does not have an armrest, the black interior will be hard to keep clean