2002 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
CRV: Nice Car - with unexpected issues!
By CRV Driver on 03/05/02 15:53 PM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It has a few drawbacks: a) Fuel Inefficient (15 in the city, 20 highway) for last two months. b) The folding table broke without anything on it! Tip for using it: never use handle to lift it up. Just slowly pop it up, from the middle. c) Paint crack: I just saw it on the hood last night.... covered under the warranty? d) Front foot room - already mentioned: exhausting during long drives. BTW Angelica; the noise experienced is due to gear selector being blocked/released, at higher speeds.

Almost perfect
By elui on 03/05/02 14:31 PM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have this car for a little over a week already. I really like this car. The manual transmission is great. It is smooth and quiet (no clicking noise problem). A lot of power in low gears. High RPM in highway speed (over 3000) slightly over 70 mph. Road noises depends on ashalt(good) or concrete road (bad) but very good in general.

F to the 5th
By car review person on 03/04/02 21:58 PM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Awesome SUV

CRV Delighted
By boops on 03/04/02 18:44 PM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Extremely happy with the CRV EX with manual. The ride is comfortable without being Detroit bouncy. Steering feedback is pretty good and it is very quiet. The EX comes with just about every option most people would want, but the remaining options are pricey. Performance is excellent considering it is a 4 banger - the equal of the Escape unless you have to tow 5,000 pounds. You cannot get a stick with the Escape unless you accept Ford's lawn mower engine. After 3 months, still zero defects!

Great value for the money
By Ajmmmr on 03/04/02 16:15 PM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife actually bought the 2002 CRV LX model. We test drove several SUV's, from the Isuzu Rodeo to the Toyota RAV4. The Honda CRV gave us the most comfort, less noise, more power, and easy handling. At first we did not like the gear shift location, but we soon over looked the location. Overall, we feel it was the best value for the money. And with the great gas millage and the cost of gas, it makes sense to buy a fuel economy veichle.

Love my CRV 2002
By cigarbnd on 03/04/02 13:21 PM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

So far so good. Very punchy w/new engine. Gets on highway effectively. Choice of interior fabric not too good. Wish they offered leather...Handles well in bad weather..snow/ice and rain. Love the new design and room/comfort. Sold my Tahoe/Chevy and haven't missed the room. The new CRV is suprisingly comfy and roomy. As much room in cargo as a jeep cherokee. Gas mileage is lower than expected, but I've only got 2500 miles...so it may improve w/mileage.

Nice Ride
By tee on 03/03/02 22:17 PM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Really enjoy my CRV 2002, the rides pretty good. I like the looks of this years model and felt like I brought a good quality vehicle. Nice Ride.

Honda CR-V EX
By Pete Doddato on 03/03/02 13:32 PM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought the Honda CR-V for the Honda reputation for quality. Basicallly we are satisfied with the car so far. We have been experiencing a problem with the check engine light coming on quite frequently. So far the problem hasn't been resolved by the dealer. I hope it isn't an ongoing problem.

Total Improvement
By neil on 03/02/02 20:18 PM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Improved in every way. No vehicle compares for thousands more.

CRV
By soccer1 on 03/01/02 16:32 PM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Honda! I absolutely love it!!!