2002 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Love it!
By lovethis_CRV on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

More we drive it more, more we like it! I work in DC and it's perfect for city and highway driving. Don't have trouble parking anywhere. Plenty of room to carry just about anything.

Another great Honda
By steven on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is another great Honda. It might not be the fastest suv of there but I know it will not be in the shop like the other cars that I have had. I put on a lot of miles a year both on highway and city and I never had a problems with Honda. I can not say the same about the VW GTI. It was in shop every 2 monthes with a bill average of $600. Glad to be back in a Honda

The best suv
By muckyduck on 03/18/02 14:59 PM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I researched all the small suv's and found the cr-v to offer the most. Other reviews have complained about the engine size - it is plenty powerful enough for my needs. Others have complained about excessive road noise - this is not the case with mine. It is one of quietest cars I've been in. I think bigger wheels and better tires would make a difference, but it is very comfortable driving. The quality of Honda shows thru and thru with this cr-v. Rough roads do make some difference in noise and ride, but nothing that is unacceptable. Like the parking brake position and will eventually get used to gear shift on dash. This is the suv to buy!

seat comfort
By newhondaowner on 03/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

re: review of John Miller of March 6,2002, have experienced the same problem with the drivers seat. Feet begin to go numb after driving for awhile. I am 6'2". Also, back aches after driving it for not that long a period

The New CR-V is one heckuva vehicle!
By Nancy from IL on 03/14/02 23:33 PM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 1998 Honda Passport (LX). Before that, I had owned 'true' Honda's. I was not happy with my Passport and traded it in for the 2002 Honda CR-V (EX). The difference between the two are like night and day. The CR-V ride is much more like a car. The Passport was noisy, and drove like an old pickup truck. I feel like I've come home again when I drive my new CR-V.

So Far So Good
By Roy Brown on 03/12/02 21:58 PM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great handling. Nice strong engine through all gears (can't believe its a 4). Very large interior. Comfortable seats. Plenty of cargo room; lots more with the seats flipped up. Around town 24 MPG. Paint and exterior detail is perfect - even in cracks and crevices. Smooth, positive ride. Road noise is minimal. Doors close like an airtight vault. The only problem is that I'm still talking to myself about paying list price, $22,740.

A big improvement!
By kcpy on 03/12/02 15:45 PM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I used to own the 98 CRV EX. Just returned it and got the 2002 verison. I have to say, all of the complains I had for 98 model have been addressed. The car now looks a lot better and drives a lot better. I really like this one. I am also 6 ft tall, but didn't find any problem with the seat.

2002 CRV
By jke4man on 03/11/02 17:47 PM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The new CRV is a great small SUV it drives just like a car and is incredibly versatile. The CRV also gets its peak torque early so it pulls through all the gears.

You don't have to pay MSRP.
By supercrv1 on 03/09/02 10:47 AM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We were going to buy a 2001 and when I saw the 2002 and drove it I knew it would be perfect for us. Had to order since it is a FWD and that took 6 weeks. My wife drives it most of the time and she loves it no complaints so far.

Smal SUV w/ middle SUV interior room
By atu on 03/06/02 15:00 PM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

roomy, quiet, good fuel economy. best in class!