Used 2002 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

2002 CRV - Almost Perfect!
By beemerider

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We love everything about this vehicle - great in the snow, lots of convenient features for storage, loads of rear seat legroom.

Favorite Features

ride, handling, all wheel drive, storage, rear seat room. typical Honda quality.

Suggested Improvements

We should get what the Canadians get! Ambient air temperature gauge and heated seats - it gets cold in New Hampshire y'know! Also, what would it cost them, 50 cents or less to have mutiple settings for the wiper delay?! The one wiper setting doesn't cut it.

I am sorry I bought it
By jjjules

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My last 3 cars have been Nissan's, but I wanted to try an SUV, and always liked the features in the CRV, Plus I figured you could not go wrong with a Honda as far as reliability was concerned. Wrong. The car has less than 4ooo miles and I've had to the dealer 4 times for a check engine light problem, the last time smoke was pouring in the car. The interior molding is Cheap! If you even brush by it with a backpack or shoe it's scratched. Carpeting is cheap and piling. And my gas milege is under 20 mpg. I wish I had bought the no- frills Ford explorer for a little bit more, but I am stuck with it. I will never buy another Honda!

Favorite Features

Sunroof

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade interior. Retractable antenna.

Honda 2003 EX CRV
By brian kennedy

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

MPG 25-27 for first 6200 miles. Sure footed in rain and snow. Wife is principal driver and this is her favorite car or truck of the many we have owned.. Comfortable with plenty of room for all her "stuff". Loves 6CD changer. Good seats with room for adults in the back seats. Loads of storage nooks. EX is loaded and maintains its value. Ours is black and color blends nicely with none metal exterior trim. Dealer was a jerk. Charged for roof rack saying it could not be removed. Caused wind noise as he did not also install shield over the moon roof. Rack was removed in 15 minutes and I was given a refund. Dealer aside. Great car for the money!

Favorite Features

CD, smart interior, seats

Suggested Improvements

Make sure dealers are as good as Honda cars.

2002 Honda CR-V Satisfaction
By mbhun

2002 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought vehicle new, customized to our specs. Vehicle has performed great. Recommend highly.

Favorite Features

AWD. Space, comfort,6-CD changer,leather upholstery (custom)

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage.

My First Non-Toyota
By Nicky Ritter

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first non-Toyota and I love it. My last vehicle was a '97 RAV-4, and while I loved it, I wasn't impressed with the 2002 model. The Honda is bigger, faster and more comfortable, which is why I switched to Honda. I also found the price to be better for the options I wanted.

Favorite Features

High tail lights, no center console which takes up room, folding back seats and a back window that actually opens!

Suggested Improvements

Bigger tires, passenger side door lock/unlock button, better quality material for the inside door handles (the material used now gets damaged way too easily!).