Used 2002 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

MiniTank
By FW

2002 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This CR-V is an all wheel drive model, with manual 5speed The winning attributes are: All wheel Drive (I live in MN) Mileage is 20 city 25 hwy. build quality is great. ride and handling are great. load capacity in interior square footage is great. although she sags pretty easily with a weighty load. Engine runs super. breaking is great. the negatives are: drivers legroom is cramped. rear hatch door opens to the side (poopy in the rain). if you are someone who appreciates practicality and reliability vs fluff, you will like this car. (lookout for the legroom issue)

as stated above

it's water under the bridge

Worked for me for 8 years
By AJA

2002 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Had this car for 8 years and recently decided to upgrade to a Pilot. Over the course of that time, I only had some minor issues with recalls. Other than that, I changed the oil regularly and kept the tires inflated. Cabin noise was awful, though, especially when it rained. The car was under- powered, which was a shame. Gas mileage was good, which was appreciated when gas prices went through the roof.

Fuel economy, hidden storage under the picnic table

This car needs more power and more insulation.

Great mpg, excellent handling, reliable
By clg22

2002 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our 2002 in 2005 with 40K on it and we have been very pleased. Seating is very comfortable on long trips and cargo space and versatility is excellent. Gas mileage of a car, but high like an SUV - great compromise. Nice pep when needed. Great in the snow (the Rav4 was awful). No major repairs at all yet! We have had the break pads replaced, the tires replaced, and all the other regular maintenance. No problems with AC as others have mentioned. We've been very pleased with this car and would buy again.

Gas mileage and handling.

Less road noise.

Keeps on Truckin'
By HondaForever

2002 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my CR-V new and it has been outstanding. It just received 210,000 mile maintenance. Two minor repairs and scheduled maintenance only. It still looks and drives great. I would not hesitate to take off anywhere in it. Averages 26 MPG. My only issue is my neighbor wants to buy it and I feel bad because I'm not giving this one up!

Very nice interior and it holds plenty. Close to a car but much more utility.

One certain road surfaces there is quite a bit of road noise. Maybe could have used a little more insulation.

Satisfy with CRV
By Thrifty Buyer

2002 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I brought this car with 62,000 mi. Of course, the dealer offered an extended warranty which I refused. It's a Honda right? So,forget it. About six months later engine light was on, and the mechanic said it was the throttle body. Really? Never replaced one of these. I took the car to the dealer to confirm but, Honda corp ageed to replace the part. Honda paid for the part ($800), and I paid for labor. The AC compressor went out at 90,000 mi. My mechanic told me there is a problem with the compressor on these cars (depending on where the part came from) Again, Honda split the cost. Overall, I love my car. I have over 102,000, and have only replaced the brake pads. Love Honda.

This car drives like a sedan. It is roomy and feels good. Nice 6 disc CD player, and I love the captain arm rests. The interior has held up good. I appreciate Honda Corporation has stood by their product even when a vehicle is out of warranty,

The exterior paint scratches easily. There needs to be better quality. The middle back seat heat rest is a pain. I removed it because it blocks your vision.

• SUV