2001 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: Good Car

2001 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Good Car
By sl on

2001 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car has been most reliable, and that's why I bought it. Plenty of room for loading up during trips to Home Depot - an amazing amount of space for a small car. It's a 4 cylinder, so it has enough power but lacks zip. But the car is what it is. It's functional, not hip. One weird quirk, and maybe it's just me, but the car seems to be prone to having windshield cracks due to pebbles and rocks projected from other vehicles on the highway. I'm 6'2" and I find this car to be a comfortable ride, plenty of head room. The odometer reads 122,000 miles and I just had my first breakdown, a blown head gasket. Otherwise, the only problems have been basic stuff, battery, tires.

Inexpensive, reliable, yet roomy.

I opted to pass on the 4WD. What a mistake. This car is really bad in the snow and has difficulty getting traction when accelerating during wet conditions. Otherwise, few complaints. The cupholder had a removable insert for smaller cups, and that got promptly lost so drinks routinely spill.