2001 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: Great AWD multipurpose wagon

2001 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

Great AWD multipurpose wagon
By grhoward on

2001 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Got a great deal on my 2001 Honda CRV- EX last summer (it's still worth more than I paid). Almost had it a year and simply love this vehicle for trips around town or to my favorite outdoor get aways. I've added several upgrades i.e. better stereo components, retractable cargo cover, cargo mat, bike racks, etc. Even looked into adding a supercharger or VTEC kit to add some extra horsepower but refrained because the CRV has enough horses to suit my purposes. Now that the 2002 CRV has been introduced, a 1998-2001 model makes for a great used car bargain.

Excellent reliability, good balance and ride, economical, just does everything well. I love it because it is a excellent all around hauler for those who do not need to tow much, and do not need to go off road.

A little more power, a little less noise, and four wheel disc brakes which have been addressed by the 2002 model. Wish Honda would put a better stereo and larger disc brakes in all their vehicles.